i'm planing to buy the BoXXer Charger Damper Upgrade kit
    the booxer that i have is the boxxer rc 2018-2017
    https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/boxxer-rc

anyway there is two different Chargers Upgrade kit on the sram website

charger 2 RC2
    https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...c2-upgrade-kit

charger
    https://www.sram.com/rockshox/produc...er-upgrade-kit

the question is which one should i buy ? and if i can install them both, which one is the new one

mtbr member
    Neither.

But the charger 2 is the newer one (your first link above). To be very honest though, for a couple of bucks more you can have Avalanche Racing do a cartridge that is tuned to you specifically. I personally wouldn't put that much money into a stock cartridge. It's like building custom wheels with Shimano hubs instead of Kings.
    Hubbard Bike Club

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn View Post
    Neither.

But the charger 2 is the newer one (your first link above). To be very honest though, for a couple of bucks more you can have Avalanche Racing do a cartridge that is tuned to you specifically. I personally wouldn't put that much money into a stock cartridge. It's like building custom wheels with Shimano hubs instead of Kings.

Ha, I like the analogy.

Tuned in.

I'm not convinced moving to the C2 is really a worthwhile "upgrade" over the C1. I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this, and the following...

Spoke to Avy/Craig a few times about moving over to his damper on my C1 Boxxer. I ran this fork both with air and with coil. Not only did I have funky durability issues with the air, the coil felt better (and routine maintenance is easier).

Issue with going Avy was I couldn't decide between two coil weights (blue vs red) as I was on the fence weight and feel-wise. Spoke to Craig to get his opinion on maybe a different damper might lend itself to going one way or the other on the spring weight. Yeah - I know it should be based on sag but between the two coils the sag came up pretty close. My thought was maybe his damper offered more "support" than the C1 and thus going with the lighter spring would make the most sense. My local conditions value traction and small-medium hit compliance over bottom out resistance - think old school, slick chunk, rather than big hit hucking. Anyway, trying to discuss this with Craig was tough. He knows his stuff really well, but teasing out what might work best for me didn't work. Rode the fork all last season and am pretty happy with it. But I'm still thinking about the Avy upgrade for this year. Pretty sure I'll settle on the lighter of the 2 springs and maybe give him another call.