Boxxer On 2001 Santa Cruz Bullit >>> HEEEEEEELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    93

    New question here. Boxxer On 2001 Santa Cruz Bullit >>> HEEEEEEELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Anyone Here have a more-than-6" fork on a 2001 BULLIT?

    Santa cruz told me there's risk of breaking the frame if I put the boxxer on the BULLIT, but I saw a couple of them with it, anyone have it and can tell me something?????

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    942
    I believe the pre-headtube gusset bullits (2002) are recommended for 6" DC forks or less.

    -Sp

    Quote Originally Posted by XMAG
    Anyone Here have a more-than-6" fork on a 2001 BULLIT?

    Santa cruz told me there's risk of breaking the frame if I put the boxxer on the BULLIT, but I saw a couple of them with it, anyone have it and can tell me something?????

  3. #3
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    hmmm, lets see, the frame manufacturerer says one thing, but some complete random stranger doing otherwise will somehow reassure you?

    yes, people have done it.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    93
    hmmm, lets see, the frame manufacturerer says one thing, but some complete random stranger doing otherwise will somehow reassure you?
    Yeah man, I know it, but sometimes the manufacturer say things to ensure a 100% that it wont break so you can't complain after it does, but people use it a lot... And I want to use too!!! So I want to know all the things thar happened, like broken frames etc...

  5. #5
    Jm.
    Jm. is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Jm.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,131
    a super monster will work just fine
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

  6. #6
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by XMAG
    Yeah man, I know it, but sometimes the manufacturer say things to ensure a 100% that it wont break so you can't complain after it does, but people use it a lot... And I want to use too!!! So I want to know all the things thar happened, like broken frames etc...
    the problem, you'll never know for sure no matter what peoples stories are.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    623
    2001 and older = 6" fork. I've seen many people put larger forks on an not have a problem, but I've also heard lots of stories of headtube failure. I'd stick with listening to the people who built it. They are the ones who put countless dollars and hours into fatigue testing, I'd think they would know best.

    BTW all 2002 and up (even without the headtube gusset) are ok for 7" forks.

  8. #8
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by davet
    I'd stick with listening to the people who built it. They are the ones who put countless dollars and hours into fatigue testing, I'd think they would know best.
    not to mention they handle all warranty and crash replacement claims....

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    196
    Put a Sherman Slider on it and you're good to go.

  10. #10
    9 Lives Baby!
    Reputation: Kat10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    230

    Boxxer

    I just put a 2004 Boxxer on a 2001 M1. No problems at all. I also have a 2003 Bullit w/ a Jr. T. I can't see there being a problem with that frame. It's absolutly bomb proof.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "You want bread? TWO DOLLARS!"

  11. #11
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat10
    I just put a 2004 Boxxer on a 2001 M1. No problems at all. I also have a 2003 Bullit w/ a Jr. T. I can't see there being a problem with that frame. It's absolutly bomb proof.
    exept that what you said has absolutly nothing to do with his situation....

  12. #12
    Removed at birth
    Reputation: Weyvoless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    595
    Just do it Holmes. Padre from this board runs a 7 inch 2003 Super T on his 01 Bullit, and he weighs 240! I've seen him hit 6 to flat. Go for it!
    Peace out! War In!

  13. #13
    9 Lives Baby!
    Reputation: Kat10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    230

    Whatever

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    exept that what you said has absolutly nothing to do with his situation....
    see title line
    "You want bread? TWO DOLLARS!"

  14. #14
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat10
    see title line
    he's asking weither or not a 7" fork will be a problem on a 2001 Bullit which were designed around shorter forks. Not weither a Boxxer works well on an Intense, or a 7" fork on a 2003 Bullit which isnt the same as a 2001, or if a Boxxer works well period. So ya, whatever....

  15. #15
    I wanna talk to Samson!
    Reputation: konabiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,303
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    exept that what you said has absolutly nothing to do with his situation....
    lol i was thinking the same thing
    JackNugz

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    942
    my '99 broke just recently with a Manitou Xvert DC 118 at the top tube.


    -Sp


    Quote Originally Posted by Weyvoless
    Just do it Holmes. Padre from this board runs a 7 inch 2003 Super T on his 01 Bullit, and he weighs 240! I've seen him hit 6 to flat. Go for it!

  17. #17
    9 Lives Baby!
    Reputation: Kat10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    230

    Ohhhhhh, Now I See...

    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    he's asking weither or not a 7" fork will be a problem on a 2001 Bullit which were designed around shorter forks. Not weither a Boxxer works well on an Intense, or a 7" fork on a 2003 Bullit which isnt the same as a 2001, or if a Boxxer works well period. So ya, whatever....
    By the way, spell check. It's free.
    "You want bread? TWO DOLLARS!"

  18. #18
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat10
    By the way, spell check. It's free.
    lol...weither....whether...its a bad word habit....

    by the way, you should pay better attention. It's free.

  19. #19
    Hella Olde
    Reputation: DH40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,017
    Listen to me - do what you want, the bike won't break catastrophically and your warranty has expired anyway. Hello, it's 2004.5!
    It's $200 for a front triangle no matter what happens. I ran a DC for on a 97 Heckler (a big "warranty no-no" per the --Internet--) and sure the frame cracked eventually at the downtube gusset...I rode the bike to the SC shop and they didn't care a whit and would've crash-replaced it (basically at their cost $400 for a complete frame) if I had wanted to. SC's warranty is the most fair I have come across, way better than these 'limited' "lifetime" warranties that have all these strings attached. You break a Bullit pushing the envelope and you get an updated, better frame part for very little $$. But good luck breaking it with a Boxxer. Don't worry about it unless you are SYCO, but then you would not be asking that here.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    93

    up

    no more pronunciations??

  21. #21
    Removed at birth
    Reputation: Weyvoless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    595
    Here you go. Pic of Padre hittin the 6 footer on his 01 bullit with 03 Super T.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peace out! War In!

Similar Threads

  1. Santa Cruz Syndicate
    By george_da_trog in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2015, 10:33 PM
  2. Santa Cruz Manufacturing
    By clark4131 in forum Santa Cruz
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 11:39 AM
  3. Fork help on my santa cruz bullit
    By sk8kid33 in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 10:56 AM
  4. Santa Cruz Bullit w/ Junior T for DH?????
    By Cooter. in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 09:41 PM
  5. STOLEN BLACK Santa Cruz BULLIT
    By AKbikerman in forum Alaska
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 05:45 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.