bought som formula "the Ones" yesterday and a Root got stuck on my bike!!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

bought som formula "the Ones" yesterday and a Root got stuck on my bike!!!!

LMAO! Sorry its Bobby Root, he and I rode around a bit yesterday up on the hills!
    I let him ride the Jedi while I pedaled his Canyon around. The Canyon is a pretty sweet bike, It really flows. Didnt get alot of time on it or mine, were riding this weekend though and Ill post about the brakes and the Canyon bike as well. BTW Bobby could ride a matchbox car down a hill with style! and wheelie it at 70+
    MPH

Heres a vid of Bobby a while back.
    https://video.aol.com/video-detail/b...elie/844108492

Last edited by bullcrew; 04-16-2008 at 09:24 PM.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

not a forum admin
    dude - sweet bike - but starting to get a little jealous - so you'd better bring your ass up to sea otter

mtbr member
    I juast talked to the wife shes on lunch! She is wanting to go real bad and was dissappointed when I said we should probably stay behind.
    So at this rate it looks like I will be up there family and all!
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Damn! You better be bringing it at Sea Otter! That's one slick looking rig my friend.

Bike Ninja |||
    sweetness.....

but i'm going to be the first to say it... please wear a helmet so you can stay in good health and we can see more of these rediculous builds
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    thats not me, i did that drop a few times as well (not thats its hard we were goofing around) but thats ex kona klump rider Bobby Root ie new world disorder 1 & 2 injury at practice for red bull rampage etc... World record holder for 89.5mph manual and 60mph stoppie 75 foot jumps etc.... Dude has skills.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattP.
    Damn! You better be bringing it at Sea Otter! That's one slick looking rig my friend.
    If I make it, thats the bike thats coming. Ill know tomorrow and Ill be hanging with the Canfields or Ronnie at Marzocchi.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bullcrew
    If I make it, thats the bike thats coming. Ill know tomorrow and Ill be hanging with the Canfields or Ronnie at Marzocchi.
    Sweet, I'll have to stop by and check that thing out at the Canfield booth

Yay! Bikes !
    huh?? why the Hopey?

check your six
    Damn that is a nice bike!! It may be common knowledge, but what is that thing connected to the top of your steer tube? I have never seen that before.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Ricky DH
    That Root guy is insane, and talented!

Bottlerockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by sodak06
    Damn that is a nice bike!! It may be common knowledge, but what is that thing connected to the top of your steer tube? I have never seen that before.
    Yeah, what exactly does that Hopey thingy do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rep_1969
    That Root guy is insane, and talented!
    Yeah hes a blast, If Im not at otter this week he and I are riding sat/sun.
    My Sponsor House

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick.
    huh?? why the Hopey?
    Once in a while its nice to have some stability of the front end like long weekends at resorts/tunnel cold springs in SB etc... It eliminates the micro twitching and big hit reflexes of your arms allowing them to go longer.
    Hence its easeir to ride resort all day and be ready the next morning to ride again if your arms arent dead or fatigued.
    Most of the time its off, but its there when we go to the mountain bike amusment parks!
    My Sponsor House

Yay! Bikes !
    Yea, I know what it does. I guess I'm of the opinion that they aren't necessary and don't really do anything beneficial. Of course, your mileage may vary. Nice bike.

old broken downhiller
    How's that airshock doing dude? Is the initial part of the travel notchy or harsh feeling?

You ride w/ Root, huh? He's one talented rider. That guy can manual forever.

coiler - The Hopey is a steering damper, it prevents the steering from moving too fast. For super rough terrain or long days of riding, they can be helpful if you can get used to how it feels. They take the harsh edge off of input to the steering, so your muscles don't have to.
    Refusing to grow up since 1978...

mtbr member
    How's that airshock doing dude? Is the initial part of the travel notchy or harsh feeling?
    WIth no weight and a floor bounce it hard as soon as any weights on the bike its butter smooth, I cant drop on the jedi yet as it was heat treated 2 weeks ago and apparently it has to harden still. (crystalize or something like that!)
    You ride w/ Root, huh? He's one talented rider. That guy can manual forever.
    Hes got total bike skills, kinda freaky to watch a guy trials ride a DH rig and have that much control over the bike. Im looking forward to this weekend, between the bike and Bobby it should be a great time. Dudes funny!!!!
    coiler - The Hopey is a steering damper, it prevents the steering from moving too fast. For super rough terrain or long days of riding, they can be helpful if you can get used to how it feels. They take the harsh edge off of input to the steering, so your muscles don't have to.
    Could not have said it better!
    My Sponsor House

old broken downhiller
    WIth no weight and a floor bounce it hard as soon as any weights on the bike its butter smooth, I cant drop on the jedi yet as it was heat treated 2 weeks ago and apparently it has to harden still. (crystalize or something like that!)
    Sweet. I haven't really seen many of the new airshocks - I've always hated that sticky feel they have when you first get an airshock to move, hopefully that is not as much of an issue anymore.

I did'nt ask Lance or Chris about the heat-treat process, from what you state it sounds like the alloy they used calls for air-hardening. Which doesn't completely finish the day you do it, the molecular structure takes a while to "settle down" into the final form (you're absolutely right - crystalize) It will be more brittle right after treatment vs. a few days later. The 2 week stipulation is probably just to be on the safe side of things.
    Refusing to grow up since 1978...

mtbr member
    Cool, I trust Chris but thought maybe I was getting a load of $hit so Id take it easy on the frame!
    My Sponsor House

Members who have read this thread: 0