Blunt vs. Static Flow- Mtbr.com
    crumb

Blunt vs. Static Flow

Whats the difference between the Static and the Blunt damping wise or anything else besides the travel. The blunt is 200 and the static is 250 (I need a qr) and I dont know the difference besides that travel. Thanks for any help
    Jim
    ETBW
    Magura

mtbr member
    i have herd that a lot of people have had problems with the qr version of the static fork but no problem with the 20mm. the difference between the two the statics are an air assist fork and i believe that the blunts are just coil like the stance flows

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by WATTO
    i have herd that a lot of people have had problems with the qr version of the static fork but no problem with the 20mm. the difference between the two the statics are an air assist fork and i believe that the blunts are just coil like the stance flows
    Is it worth it to go to the static? What problems have people had with the qr tha they canyt have with the 20mm?
    thanks
    ETBW
    Magura

mtbr member
    the one problem i herd about the stance statics are that they had a tire clearance issue. As long as you have the little sticker on the bottom lower leg you where ok. i guess went you compressed the frok all the way you would hit the tire on the crown of the fork. the Blunt didnt have that problem and neither did the stance flows. as for the choice im not sure which one to go with i have some flows on my haro and there way to soft but really reible i havent had any problems with them yet. so it depends if you want 100mm or 130m m of travel. what is your rideing style? what kind of bike? how much you weigh?

crumb
    the one problem i herd about the stance statics are that they had a tire clearance issue. As long as you have the little sticker on the bottom lower leg you where ok. i guess went you compressed the frok all the way you would hit the tire on the crown of the fork. the Blunt didnt have that problem and neither did the stance flows. as for the choice im not sure which one to go with i have some flows on my haro and there way to soft but really reible i havent had any problems with them yet. so it depends if you want 100mm or 130m m of travel. what is your rideing style? what kind of bike? how much you weigh?
    Im 160 and itl be going on a steelhead. The bike will mainly be used for urban and dj
    ETBW
    Magura

mtbr member
    i would get the statics but if you can i would find a used DJlll. i was looking at one on ebay last night that i almost bought for 90 bucks but they had scartches on the stanctions. but hell for 90 buy it now that is a good deal. i would check on there every once in a while.

mtbr member
    i have the stance flow 130-1500 travel adjust version, I don't know anything about the static or the blunt but if you do find it is to soft like i did on my flow just change out the spring to a firmer spring. If you get the static i have the xfirm spring that i would like to sell. The lbs ordered me the wrong spring and manitou tech dept wentahead and sent me the right spring.

bpuodt
    vs.

SHerman Flick jensonusa.com $289

owns both.

mtbr member
    i did the same thing i just got stiffer spring which i am hoping to get in soon. hey skin 6061 how long did it take for your lbs to get the springs in. i have been waiting a good month and a helf for them and still nothing. i am almost ready to get something else like a marzocchi.

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot Chicken
    vs.

SHerman Flick jensonusa.com $289

owns both.
    Oh sh!t i completley forgot they made the flick in qr. I think thats the answer
    ETBW
    Magura

crumb
    that is a good price for an awesome fork do they have a 20mm for that price i mgiht just get one
    yup
    i have to make this more than 5 chracters to submit it.
    ETBW
    Magura

mtbr member
    that is a good price for an awesome fork do they have a 20mm for that price i mgiht just get one

bpuodt
    Quote Originally Posted by saviorself
    Oh sh!t i completley forgot they made the flick in qr. I think thats the answer
    You gotta check Jensonusa every day for new deals. Some times they only have a super deal for several hours. They had free shippping and a free $70 head set with the flick 150mm for $289.

mtbr member
    i did the same thing i just got stiffer spring which i am hoping to get in soon. hey skin 6061 how long did it take for your lbs to get the springs in. i have been waiting a good month and a helf for them and still nothing. i am almost ready to get something else like a marzocchi.
    I ordered it on a monday and i got it on friday, but they ordered me the wrong part so manitou sent me the right part for free and they sent it to me by ups 3 day mail. I don't know where you are but it shouldn't take a month to get any part unless it is out of stock or you live out of the usa.

mtbr member
    yeah i dont know what is wrong or why i havent got them yet.