Blitz ll Versus RFX- Mtbr.com
    I'ts rideable

Blitz ll Versus RFX

I am looking to pick up a new frame. I am deciding between the Versus Blitz ll and the Turner RFX. Feedback on both would be much appreciated.

-> SickLines.com <-
    What are you using the bike for? The Turner forum is where you'll get more feedback on the RFX.

I'ts rideable
    I will use the bike as my all around bike. This style includes 4 to 5 foot drops to flat fast single track and techy cross country.

mtbr member
    coiler sounds good to me

mtbr member

Rfx

RFX if you can still find one of the 05-06s for cheap....$1350- I think.

RFX is proven, tough, great geometry for intended use, top notch CS, will hold its value, is a great deal at the blowout prices.....and so forth. You can go pretty darn big on the RFX or build it up for an AM ripper.

The Versus looks sweet, but i have no experience on one. I just know the RFX is a killer ride.

Please do not compare the Coiler to the RFX!

Good luck...Keep us posted.
    TG

mtbr member
    The RFX is way sicker than the Blitz poo. I mean 2. Go with the Turner fo sho.
    You couldn't pay me enough money to ride a Blitz.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by D Wang
    I will use the bike as my all around bike. This style includes 4 to 5 foot drops to flat fast single track and techy cross country.
    The Blitz II is a sweet do all bike. Tight twisting single track it reacts to your input with ease, 4+ foot drops a blast, silty slick rock gardens are rock solid rip it down the middle. Drifting the Blitz II through a corner is a dream, extreamly smooth & predictable. As for the XC im not a great climber but the Blitz II climbs bob free & pedal's smooth.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    check out the RFX videeo on the turner sight.however,it seems as though the blitz is marketed more towards a freeride crowd where the RFX towards an all mountain/light freeride...i could be off.

when will the needlebearings vs. bushings debate start???
    so this is how you add a signature!!

-> SickLines.com <-
    the turner video is also here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh1VCQ-Dd3k

ride hard take risks
    Both are extreamly sweet frames. What makes one better than the other?? the owner. The debate between bushing & needle is a tough call. The advantage of both is the width the prevents lateral flex. Both use zerk fittings to maintain lubrication. Moto's used to run bushings but found needle bearings to be more effective in the swingarm & shock linkage.
    Last edited by dogonfr; 01-14-2007 at 11:19 PM.
    Formotion Products

a tight kick sound
    DGFR, wouldn't you say the biggest diff is in frame weight (neglecting needles and such)?
    Other than that they should be pretty similar I think. The two listed geos are the same, both have grease ports to nice bearing/zerk and both are pretty stiff in the rear.

Both of those bikes are really nice but IMHO, and don't take offense, both of them are overkill for 4-5 ft drops and techy XC unless you are a larger fella. They would be great bikes if you want to progress into bigger riding, but I think it would not be worth it to have such a stout frame for techy xc.

Something a bit lighter with slightly tighter geo would really rip the techy XC and handle 4-5ft drops ok with the right parts. Maybe even think about a 5 pack. That is what I would prolly do.

Just my .02

Hisforever
    RFX! Wang Mang!

Show those chings, and cant get rights whats its all about.

Custom paint it so yours stands out

versus,hmmm. sure it'll work. but I would never get one.
    Support a true riders Co. and try the Turner.

Turner lives to ride another day.

Moxie HT
    Orbea Rallon (fo sale)
    sb 130/150
    Evil Undead/Calling
    Yz 250x

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    DGFR, wouldn't you say the biggest diff is in frame weight (neglecting needles and such)?
    Other than that they should be pretty similar I think. The two listed geos are the same, both have grease ports to nice bearing/zerk and both are pretty stiff in the rear.

Both of those bikes are really nice but IMHO, and don't take offense, both of them are overkill for 4-5 ft drops and techy XC unless you are a larger fella. They would be great bikes if you want to progress into bigger riding, but I think it would not be worth it to have such a stout frame for techy xc.

Something a bit lighter with slightly tighter geo would really rip the techy XC and handle 4-5ft drops ok with the right parts. Maybe even think about a 5 pack. That is what I would prolly do.

Just my .02
    Geo is different as is the weight. It all comes down to the nut holding the handlebars.
    Formotion Products

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by boone

Just my .02
    Both bikes I agree do sound a bit overkill. Call me crazy but I think he needs a slightly beefier XC bike too. It will build up lighter than the Blitz could ever hope, and you'll enjoy it more on XC rides.

If it came down to it i'd get a Turner for what you described. It will have a resale value if you ever decide to part ways, and it will build up a lot lighter and be more enjoyable on the more XC rides. Turner also has some of the best CS.

I'ts rideable
    Shaheeb you know 5 out of the 7 guys in my crew (Team Sanchez) ride the rfx or six pack, but the homers have tunnel vision when it comes to a new purchase. Don't get me wrong the RFX is a sweet ride. But I wonder if there might be something a little better.

As far as needles go I think the highline has them, so they must be better right?

I have established that the speshy sx trail won't do, it only lasted 6 mos. and the chain stays stays broke clean off.

My buddy El C cracked his RFX frame but he is 230 lb strong.

Are there any reports of breakage with the blitz ll?

Just roll it......
    I'd say other good options to consider beyond the RFX and Blitz:

• Nomad
    • Reign X - I've got a Reign and love that bike so far.
    • Devinci Hektik (Canadian version)
    • RM Slayer
    • Transition Covert or maybe Bottle Rocket (BR is probably too stout for all day riding though). Since Robbie threw out the "support the true rider co" comment. I'll just say the Transition boys are very much a real riders company and they push the limits in a big way. While their frames may be overbuilt for many of the riders out there, they have to hold up to their riding first and foremost.
    • Intense 6.6 (Colorado Cyclist has some frames on sale right now)
    • Coiler / Coilair - newly designed with lower standover and longer stroke shock
    • Norco Six
    • Titus Supermoto
    • Marin Quake - Ok this bike doesn't have a lot of folks riding it so the durability isn't really known but the reviews have been super favorable as to it's ride quality. I'm kind of intrigued by it....but haven't heard any real rider reviews on it and there aren't any marin dealers nearby anymore that I know of. Interestingly, Shaums March rode a beefed up version of this bike to 1st in the world masters dh championship, fwiw.
    Last edited by ebxtreme; 01-15-2007 at 12:39 AM.

Trophy Husband
    I know it's not one of your choices, but I'll second the vote for the Titus Supermoto. Super strong and stiff. Relatively short wheelbase makes it a great bike for techy stuff. Can be built up as a light 6 inch trail bike (that can handle whistler) or burly 40 pound FR bike.

good luck on your search

cheers

edit: also can be purchased on closeout from Speedgoat for 1149.
    Last edited by geolover; 01-15-2007 at 09:07 AM.
    Extreme stationary biker.

ride hard take risks
    Shaheeb you know 5 out of the 7 guys in my crew (Team Sanchez) ride the rfx or six pack, but the homers have tunnel vision when it comes to a new purchase. Don't get me wrong the RFX is a sweet ride. But I wonder if there might be something a little better.

As far as needles go I think the highline has them, so they must be better right?

I have established that the speshy sx trail won't do, it only lasted 6 mos. and the chain stays stays broke clean off.

My buddy El C cracked his RFX frame but he is 230 lb strong.

Are there any reports of breakage with the blitz ll?
    There have been no reports of cracked or broken Blitz II frames. Versus frames do go through real mountain testing in all conditions including gaps, check out the link to Versus riders-West Coast Ka'lei i belive is about your friends size or a little targer. http://www.versuscycles.com/riders.html
    Formotion Products

I'ts rideable
    Well Bro's I pulled the TRIGGER on a 06 Turner RFX this morning. It was on ebay for 910.00 shipped. The bike is in mint condition. I couldn't pass that up. Thanks for the replys.

Wang

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Well Bro's I pulled the TRIGGER on a 06 Turner RFX this morning. It was on ebay for 910.00 shipped. The bike is in mint condition. I couldn't pass that up. Thanks for the replys.

Wang
    You won't be disappointed! What shock is on it?
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

-> SickLines.com <-

Wang
    Have fun man. Specs? link

ride hard take risks

Wang
    Sweet!! Post so pic's when you get it.
    Formotion Products

I'ts rideable
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    You won't be disappointed! What shock is on it?
    DHX 5.0 Coil

Just roll it......

Wang
    Congrats. It was the safe pick too.....this way you can match up with the Sanchez boys proper style! You have now been assimilated.

EBX

Hisforever
    Right on D Wang. Didnt you have a bad accident semi-recently? Healed up now?

About the blitz the boyz on oahu go pretty big on this bike the first two years they kept breaking the frames. The third batch the guys recieved have held up pretty well. These doods will try a back flip of a 30 foot gap.

Cheers.

Rob

Moxie HT
    Orbea Rallon (fo sale)
    sb 130/150
    Evil Undead/Calling
    Yz 250x

I'ts rideable
    [QUOTE=SHAHEEB]Right on D Wang. Didnt you have a bad accident semi-recently? Healed up now?

About the blitz the boyz on oahu go pretty big on this bike the first two years they kept breaking the frames. The third batch the guys recieved have held up pretty well. These doods will try a back flip of a 30 foot gap.

Cheers.
    I had what they call a smashed in face. Road biking is lame. I'm 100% now and feel much more safe on the 10 foot drops to tranny or rippn down some fast singletrack.

I'ts rideable
    Here is a pic of the new frame. Should be here on the 23rd.
    Attached Images Attached Images

locked - time out
    Chumba Evo

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB

Cheers.

Rob
    From what i heard there have never been problems with the Blitz or Blitz II in Hawaii. Where did you get your info from

Here are some pic's of Jason who happens to own a Versus Trigger.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Formotion Products

Members who have read this thread: 0