Blitz II- Mtbr.com

Thread: Blitz II

Rocket Scientist
    Mar 2005

Blitz II

I would like to get a bigger bike to do some gravity runs on. Currently, I have a 575 which I would keep for trail riding. I am a beginner freerider and might eventually try some DH racing.

I have been eyeing an ASX or Blitz II. The Blitz II geometry looks very similiar to the 575, with the exception of a longer wheelbase. The ASX seems to have similiar geometry to the Trigger. I have read some great reviews on the Blitz II including Von's on go-ride.

What else should I be considering when choosing my next bike? Any recommendations? I would like to hear what other Blitz riders think of their ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    if price isn't a factor I'd get the blitz... if you search for deals you can have the ASX fully kitted and delivered to your door for about 2100 (new left over 06's)...13-1400 dollar blitz2 frame is doubtful you could build it up to the same spec for that money... good friend has an ASX, swears up and down it is about as good a do-it-all FR bike as there is... blitz2 is damn sexy and seems to be getting a similar reputation... it's a coin toss, doubt you'd go wrong with either...
    Life is all about honor... Get on 'er, Stay on 'er!!

98% of all teens do drugs or have tried drugs; if you are in the 2% range you ~really~ need to get out more often.

mtbr member
    I have a Blitz 1 and an ASX that I am trying to sell. Let me know if you are interested in either. Both are built up pretty nice. Blitz is in great shape with low hours. ASX has some cosmetic wear and tear but still mechanically solid.

I rot before I ripen
    I sold my ASX for a Blitz. Both are great bikes for someone getting into FR and DH.

I've posted a few threads about the Blitz, and I wrote a review of the Blitz that compares both bikes. The ASX suffers from being a single-pivot. After you ride it for a while, you realize the bike shrinks up like an accordian when the suspension maxes out. The Blitz just spreads. Feels solid. I hate to bash the ASX. I rode the crap out of it for two years. But man, the Blitz rocks.

As for the Trigger, it's probably more than you need, and it's not really in the same class. The Trigger is super heavy duty and just plain heavy. You'd probably want a VP Free or one of the other really good 8-inch travel bikes.

Oh yeah, before the ASX, I had a 575. Sold that and my ASX to buy the Blitz.

damon

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Look at online retailers.

If you are wanting to be price concious, look at some of the online retailers. With all the 07 products coming out, you can get a decent 2006 bike for very cheap.

Rocket Scientist
    Mar 2005
    I spoke with Herb today about the Blitz II. He had lots of great information. He said small and medium frames are backordered for a few months, no big deal to me. Either they have very low volume production or it speaks highly of the frame, i think mostly the latter. I think I am leaning toward the Blitz, even though I love my 575 and Yeti in general.

Either way, what fork would you recommend? I've heard an ASX works well with a 7" fork and the same with the Blitz II (according to Herb). Anyway, I hope the information about the Blitz keeps coming. Thanks

mtbr member
    If you got the money, go for it. If you dont, save up while the frames are on backorder. The Blitz II with needle bearings and grease ports...you cant go wrong mang! You can do light downhill, freeride, all mountain, and dirt jump on the rig.

ride hard take risks
    Versus has been working hard at building awsome bikes but the thing i really appricate is the customer service they offer . Not many places you can call up & get a straight answer about something. Herb & Vivian are straight shooters no BS to weed out when they talk. I am riding the Blitz I with a 6 inch fork at this time but am drooling all over the Blitz II. As for the fork that can get personal, i'm a beliver of keeping it even, 7 rear run 7 front & so on. You wont be disapointed with the Blitz II or the customer service. Pluse needle bearings at All pivots & clevis mounts.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    The Blitz II is an awsome bike. You'll find that the rear end is much stiffer on the Blitz and it handles really well. The Blitz also gives you lots of confidence. I never feel like I might break it or like the bike can't handle whatever I'm about to do. I know some people with ASX's and those bikes just don't seem as solid. I have had two friends now who after just one ride on my Blitz, both decided to buy a Blitz II for themselves within a week. As for the fork, I have a 36 Van on mine and it works great. I used to have a 36 Talas, but the Van absorbes bumps much better. One of my friends has a 66 on his which also feels really nice but it's a little heavier.

Action Sports Trader

Blitz II

I bought a Blitz II. It is the best bike on the market. I give it a 12 out of 10.
    eflattenstomach
    The best FREE home fitness workshop!! Get free meal plans, workout plans and more. Click HERE to get ripped.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Versus is the way to go!

I went from a RM Slayer to a Versus Blitz 1 and can say that the way they ride is night and day. The blitz is super plush and it just seems like it has more travel then it does. My only complaint is the weight (10.5 lbs with a swinger 4 way size large) but hey there is always a down side when you are looking at that type of strength in a frame. Herb is first rate adn if you buy buy direct and AVOID Adrenalin bikes as they blow.

Members who have read this thread: 0