Blindside- suspension?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Blindside- suspension?

Hey all,

I've pretty much decided that once school starts up again (mid August) I'm gonna sell my belovedNomad frame, Talas RC2, DHX 5.0, and pick up a Blindside frame, new fork, and shock, and build it with my existing components from my Nomad (Mono M4, Kings laced to 5.1). I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna run Marzocchi, never have, only Fox.

The bike will be used solely for shuttling and lift assisted DHing. I'm not a huge fan of jumping and drops and what not, nothing over 6-7' drops. So I need insight on which fork/shock to run. I'm 6", 200lb with gear.

First off, is there any sense in waiting till 08's come out except for diff. colors, and the bling of having an 08 fork?

I'm pretty much looking at the whole 888 series, with the exception of the ATA, no air for this bike.

As for the shock, any suggestions on either the World Cup or the TST?

Looking for any suggestions/comments/insight would be awesome!

Thanks guys,
    Matt

Is flexy
    save your money and get an 07 fork and as for the rear shock get the WC for sure. I've got it on a gran mal and its sick. The TST is to help with pedal bob and you won't have to worry about that with a bike you are gonna be shuttling.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    888 rc2x + Roco WC

'nuff said

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    save your money and get an 07 fork and as for the rear shock get the WC for sure. I've got it on a gran mal and its sick. The TST is to help with pedal bob and you won't have to worry about that with a bike you are gonna be shuttling.
    or even an 06 888 RC2X if you can find them
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

General Rabble-Rouser
    The 08 Zocchi forks come with buttery 38mm nickel-coated stachions on 66/888
    RC3 cartridges too

You're pretty big, you might benefit from a stiffer front end. Mind you the 34mm are pretty damn nice too

Does the TST even come in a long enough stroke/E2E for the blindside?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Well I might go for a 06 07 888 just because its still made in Italy. The Tiwan made could be just as good or better but having you fork made in italy seems better to me but those have had their problems too. Also no price drop in 08

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by fattireridereric
    Well I might go for a 06 07 888 just because its still made in Italy. The Tiwan made could be just as good or better but having you fork made in italy seems better to me but those have had their problems too. Also no price drop in 08
    Not all 2007's are made in Italy.

General Rabble-Rouser
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Not all 2007's are made in Italy.
    Indeed. A ton of the parts are made in Taiwan. the label on the fork should say: "assembled somewhat in Italy"

So much high-quality mass-production is done in Taiwan, I think they're doing some pretty good work

Bike Ninja |||
    I'm sure the Taiwanese made forks will be same quality as the italian made. marzocchi will still be overseeing quality control.

i'd take 08 rocco WC with an 08 888 rc3... that's what i'm going to run next year.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karupshun
    Does the TST even come in a long enough stroke/E2E for the blindside?
    Yeah, both the WC and the TST come in a 8.75/2.75.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I think I'm gonna go with an 07 WC in the rear, and an 07 RC2X in the front. I'm planning on having the bike done before the 08's are released, and I'm not very patient

Members who have read this thread: 0