Bikers dilemma- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bikers dilemma

mtbr member

Bikers dilemma

Hi
    I'm riding my frame for 1.5 year now and I'm thinking of changing. The problem is that I think I want something quite different yet I can't decide how.
    Here is my problem. I've recently got a small dj hardtail and have been riding my trail/am bike. Both gave me an idea how much fun a flickable bike can be. The problem is that my main riding for like 3-4years was DH on large stable rigs (both 9''+ travel , long, first one was a brick) and I didn't really have any time on any bikes different that that so I don't know how much more agility on a bike I want. I've been mostly doing dh racing but dh racing around here is really techy and not requireing much travel yet It's hard for me to be competitive living 300km from the nearest dh track so I decided to ease the pressure a bit and have more fun. Now I'm not sure what way to go as there are little to none FR trails around here - mostly either no jump enduro or big jumps on techy dh. I'm thinking of either getting a flickable DH bike:
    Thinking of Canfield Jedi F1
    Or a agile FR rig that can take downhill well yet is much more lively like commencal furious (I still have a DC fork right now but selling a 888rc2x for a 66rc2x wouldn't be that hard). I'd go for sth like the furious but I'm not sure if it won't be too big change for someone who knows only long big bikes.

I know that I should figure it myself but any feedback would be nice as I'm more indecisive about it than a drunk ordering a pizza

BTW. Any1 knows the Wheelbase of the Jedi? As I can't get any response from Canfield guys (probably because of crankworx)

PS. By long rig I mean => 48'' WB.
    PS2. The main problem is that I like rockgardens - the badder the better. Maribor was really orgasmic for me :P
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

mtbr member
    i do similar stuff and i would never settle for any thing other then my orange patriot fr with rock shox boxxer ride fork
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

mtbr member
    If I'd go FR way I'd for sure try to go single crown. Especialy since furious has 1.5 head tube. Orange seems nice but I just can't trust them after seeing so many broken frames. I'm to harsh to my bikes to risk that.

mtbr member
    well thats news to me never seen an orange frame break
    lol im 9 and half stone and a mate attempted a big drop on it when he is 17 stone (hes not fat just GIGANTIC! in hieght and reali muserly, no im not gay) that out it though its paces and ntohing has gone wrong from that so what the hell must those people be doing on thearse?
    ]

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Blindside fox40 sounds like it would be sick for you. Make sure to get the brake link, I love my brake link on my Judge. On the blindside it is adjustable so you can change the amount of squat you get from braking. very user friendly

the lower travel Slope Style type bikes IMOA would be very chunky through the rocks because of the fact that the ratios are for single impact hits. ide stay away from the SS bikes and look for a "lite" DH killer.
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

mtbr member
    Blindside is just a regular DH bike. If I wanted to go that class I'd go canfield for sure. Blindside would be big build quality downgrade for me and I'm a ***** for that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KomodoRider
    Blindside fox40 sounds like it would be sick for you. Make sure to get the brake link, I love my brake link on my Judge. On the blindside it is adjustable so you can change the amount of squat you get from braking. very user friendly

the lower travel Slope Style type bikes IMOA would be very chunky through the rocks because of the fact that the ratios are for single impact hits. ide stay away from the SS bikes and look for a "lite" DH killer.
    you talking to me?
    ]

mtbr member
    Canfield Can Diggle.

Intense Socom.

Jedi is a DH monster.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider
    you talking to me?
    from now on consider anything I post not to be directed to you. you make my brain hurt

and you have me lookin at Jedis, and all I can say is ummmm. definably go for the jedi! what fork wold you run? they look sick with a Totem on the front!
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

mtbr member
    For now I'm on a 888rc2x 07. I've just got mail from Chris and the static WB on jedi is 45'' so that means it's exactly what I need. The stays are short and the travel rearward. If I will want it more all around I'd hit a lower SC fork. They are also pretty light so I think I go that way.

Petty and weak
    I just got a 2005 DHR because my La Bruja was too sissy, very sketchy DH and in rocky stuff. The DHR corners better, jumps better and pedalling ain't too bad. I am in love. It has a shrinking wheel base and 45" to start. Absolutely awesome.
    ~ Downride and Freehill, nothing else ~

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    Intense Socom.
    this bike is very flickable and DH worthy.....I think this would be a great choice for you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 0