Bike stand question...- Mtbr.com
    Downhill fan

Bike stand question...

I'm looking to buy a bike (repair) stand that will hold my 44lb Giant Glory. Any recommendations? What are you using? Looking for one that holds by the seat post. Will mostly serve as a stand for the bike for storage, cleaning purposes and some bike work here and there for many of my other bikes.
    I'm thinking about shreddin' it up right now!
    Giant Glory DH (custom)
    K2 Evo 4.0 FS XC (custom)

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Hard to beat any of the Park models, of which there are a few different ones.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I've got the Park PCS-10. Its the only stand I have ever used, and, well, it does everything I want it to do. I do have the optional tool tray as well. I would get the same thing if anything happened to my current one..... Also I have heard good reviews on the Ultimate Feedback stands. Buy anything decent and I think you'll be happy.

I like bikes
    My Park stand holds my squishy without issues. Hard to beat.

SamIAm

Northern Industrial Bike Repair Stand | Bike Repair Stands | Northern Tool + Equipment

42 bucks. minus shipping.

janky clamp that only works on seat tube of my sx trail. but it works.

large stable base. adjustable height. LESS THAN A BENJAMIN. holds my almost 40lb bike just fine when its all adjusted just right.

seriously. im going to shout off the rooftops about this stand. ends up like 60 shipped. thats at least 100 cheaper than any other stand out there. when i get a nice stand its going to be a park deluxe double floor mounted stand. but untill then as long as it holds up a bike i dont care.
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

Proud lame eBiker
    Use your hard earned dollars and spend them wisely, on a Feedback Sports stand. The tri-pod base, 13lbs folded small for travel/storage, holds dh rigs easily, you just can't go wrong with it. The tri-pod base is really a great thing. You travel to races or work on uneven surfaces and any other 4-point, or flat, base sytem will wobble around while the tri-pod stays put.

Strong system too.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

Pivotal figure
    Yeah, don't cheap out on this one. I've had my Ultimate for over 15 years now and it's still going strong. I believe they're now owned by Feedback and those are what we have on our Demo truck so they get used constantly.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Could do just a head, get some threaded steel pipes for height adjustment, then mount it to a broad base.

But I hold my ~40lbs bike on a spin doctor stand. Hasn't broken yet.
    Just another redneck with a bike

mtbr member
    +1 for the Feedback Ultimate stand. Have had mine for over ten years and still going strong. The tripod is perfect for location work and the head on the elite is nice!

mtbr member
    I ended up going with a stand from Feedback Sports over Park about two years or so ago and have had nothing but good experiences with it.
    2012 Intense M9
    2012 Pivot Mach 5.7 Carbon
    2008 Look 595
    2007 Custom Litespeed Sewanee

Member of The Yeti Tribe
    Park discontinued the PRS-15 but it is hands down the best stand I have ever worked with.. Granted its the most expensive portable stand you can buy, but once you work on one for any amount of time, all other portable and even cheaper shop stands just suck.. Its a "portable" stand at 43lbs but you can wrench on your bike all you want and the stand is rock solid..

Downhill fan
    Thanx again for the help guys. Looking into this now.
    I'm thinking about shreddin' it up right now!
    Giant Glory DH (custom)
    K2 Evo 4.0 FS XC (custom)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I have the Feedback Sports Pro Elite stand and it is pretty awesome. Very rugged.

mtbr member
    Feedback sports pro elite hands down for stability and portqbility this is what I went to from my shop stand because a 50+ lb base ws too much to load up lol.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    I use a Wrench Force stand and Love it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    +1 for Feedback. I've had my ultimate for 5 years, and it's fantastic. The clamping mech is so much better, and it zips up easy for travel.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I've got a Park PRS-3 OS-2 and I luv it. Definitely not portable, but great for DH bikes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I use the base model park tools stand for my bikes, no problems so far, the only thing I regret is not getting the tool tray part, oh well.

If your going to use it to store the bike - it will take up more room than it would without the stand as the bases tend to have a very large footprint for stability. For storage something wall or roof mounted will be the most space efficient.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    dont make the same mistake as we did.... we cheaped out and got the cheapest basic park one.... thought it does the job and is capable of holding dh bikes, it's quite unstable. if the stand is knocked backwards it topples over very easy,,, we are going to upgrade to a better one soon. as we are pissed off with the cheap on falling over...

i have used the pedros ones when ive been in whistler, these things are impressive. very stable easy to use and fold up for easy storage, thats gonna be top of my list but we cant get tham in the uk... i have also looked at the high end park stands, these to appear to be great quality..., get the best one you can afford, dont go for the cheaper unstable ones.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemikemike View Post
    +1 for Feedback. I've had my ultimate for 5 years, and it's fantastic. The clamping mech is so much better, and it zips up easy for travel.
    Yep + one more for the feedback sports.
    The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I just bought a Adventure Jones Solo Series Bicycle Repair Stand with Tool Tray B1 from amazon.. Im on a budget so, this one fitted in it. And its pretty decent and helps me getting it done. I bet there are many much better ones but money was a bigger concern for me this time. Id give it a 7 of 10.

SamIAm
    Quote Originally Posted by Juang8 View Post
    I just bought a Adventure Jones Solo Series Bicycle Repair Stand with Tool Tray B1 from amazon.. Im on a budget so, this one fitted in it. And its pretty decent and helps me getting it done. I bet there are many much better ones but money was a bigger concern for me this time. Id give it a 7 of 10.
    how much?

edit. oh i see that its an "enduro?" bb clamp styled. the one i found is a full tall adjustable height stand. if i would have found that one first i prolly would have pull the trigger on it irremediably.

i was going all out cheap and i found one for 42 before shipping. really doubt that could be beat. not the best clamp. only works on my seat tube(for many many frames this is true) but much better/stable base than the base level folding park stand my friend has.

when i can i going to splurge on a double deluxe park stand for my future mancave/gary.

but until then that 100+ i saved gets to go directly to bike parts instead of bike holder
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    38.99 plus shipping. Almost 48 dls total. Its pretty stable

SamIAm
    nice. i would like to put my hands on that stand u got and try it out.

but for like $14-16 more im very happy that i was able to get a full sized stand that has adjustable head angle(granted its not "infinite" like the park stands.) but like 3-4 degree increments of adjustment is just fine for me
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Is the tray for the feedback sports stand worth it?

Members who have read this thread: 0