Bike Park in LA finally- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

Bike Park in LA finally

Decline: New Bike Park in SoCal/Valencia (Elizabeth Lake)?
    http://www.declinemagazine.com/Nucle...hp?itemid=4327

A Bike Park In SoCal? Heck, yes!

The RancheThe Ranch at Elizabeth Lake, just northeast of Valencia, California, is currently turning this landscape into a bike park, complete with downhill and cross-country trails, a pumptrack, slopestyle course, BMX track and skills zones. And that’s just the beginning…

Banquet/Bar
    The banquet, bar and bike shop area.

Marketing Director, Shannon Decker, has big plans for the resort, which also houses hundreds of RV spaces, along with several cabins, a swimming pool, a golf course, banquet hall, a bar and two restaurants. He plans to move in a bike shop and general store to make the resort an all-encompassing destination. The resort facility and the surrounding landscape have a lot of potential to become a bicycle destination, catering to everything from downhillers to triathletes.

DH trail
    The first of many trails is being cut right now. This trail will lead into the slopestyle/pumptrack zone and to the shuttle pick-up area.

Trail cutting started this week as will the landscaping of the BMX, pumptrack and slopestyle zones. Decker is already working with IMBA and other cycling organizations on trail design and park layout. However, he could use some help from knowledgeable mountain bikers to help route and cut trails, and help construct the pumptrack and slopestyle courses. If you’ve got experience and want to be a part of shaping this bike park then check in with Shannon Decker at [email protected] Anyone that wants to lend a hand is welcome and will gain special bike park privileges.

More trail
    The trails will wind through wooded mountains with shuttle access to the top of the DH trails.

Boneyard
    The area slated for the pumptrack and slopestyle zones is larger than a football field.
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-05-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Bob, you should go and share your expertise knowledge of the layout of the bar. And make sure they get some good looking bar-flies!
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Bob, you should go and share your expertise knowledge of the layout of the bar. And make sure they get some good looking bar-flies!

already offered but a guy with 5 DUI's beat me to the job....totally sucks
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    already offered but a guy with 5 DUI's beat me to the job....totally sucks
    Aaaahh, work release program.
    The guy yo' momma "act" like she don't know!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    When is it expected to open ?
    Sound's great finally a bike park in socal

mtbr member
    about time. i have family that actually lives up there and i can say there is potential for sure.

mtbr member
    No lift

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter
    No lift
    Who cares if it has a fast highway shuttle that starts and stop right at the top and bottom of the trail (I have no idea if this place fits those requirements). We have proven that shuttling is usually faster and cheaper than lifts given have SLOW most places run the lifts in the summer.

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by bigEhit
    about time. i have family that actually lives up there and i can say there is potential for sure.
    Are there rocks? Is it steep?

Professional Troll
    Hmm, playing around on google earth. Not sure if there's gonna be that much elevation drop. If they uses the range to the west, it look like 400-500 ft per run, if they use the easy, it might be up to 800. Might be wrong of course, just totally guessing where they might start and stop

ready to ride
    finally somthin close to home
    N* = <3 <3]

Pivotal figure
    Is this the same "Ranch" in so many crazy jump videos?
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Members who have read this thread: 0