bike computer--which one?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

bike computer--which one?

Does anyone run a computer on their downhill bike? I like having ride stats like max speed and distance. Have a polar heart rate setup that works great on my XC bike so I put the speed sensor on my downhill fork but the distance from the unit was just on the limit and the data was intermittent, plus a rock flew up and cracked the plastic. Which do you like? Or forget about it cause ya can't look at it while your flying down the trail.

TLL
    mtbr member
    Seems pointless on a DH bike.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

Pivotal figure
    Just one more thing to get busted. A stopwatch is all you need
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Glad to Be Alive
    timers, speed, and not so keen on the disatance but it is still nice to know

seriously I would ask questions in the XC forum....they would have a better input then here
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL
    Seems pointless on a DH bike.
    TLL....thanks for putting the Hadley hub tools at the bottom of your signature...that should be posted
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

General Rabble-Rouser
    I use my Garmin 60cx GPS to do all my trail logging and ride info. Aside from hearbeat it can log everything a computer can and a lot more. translating the GPX file it into google earth works quite accurately. I can also get a lot of other info using MTBguru.com

It also sits safely in my backpack instead of my bar

bike rider
    Garmin Edge605. No need for pickups on the fork and front wheel. It's interesting to see how many miles you ride doing 8 runs at keystone.

BH1
    mtbr member
    I use the 'Cat Eye Enduro 8' on my All Mountain bike and DH/FR bike and I have taken a lot of nasty spills on both, and the computers on both bikes are still working. It does what I want it to do, and I've destroyed a few computers in the past due to crashes, and this one seems to hold up to the abuse. And its really cheap ($33). No heart-rate though. I like to keep track of max speed, avg speed, distance, and ride time, so it serves its purpose.

http://jensonusa.com/store/product/C...+Computer.aspx

Members who have read this thread: 1