Bike for 2005 and Up Season...????- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Bike for 2005 and Up Season...????

I was looking for new bikes to get for the new season. I have had it nailed down to a banshee scream with 888r, or 03/02 shiver, trailpimp wheels, hayes hf9 brakes, fox rc, xt, and holzeflor components. Then recently i was thinking about getting a 2004 kona stinky primo, upgrading the fork from super t to proably 888r or 04 shiver, and keep the saint stock components. What would you guys do.
    thnx
    P.S. I'm a small guy(5'4''), but i am still growing, this bike will have to last me up to 4 years,(with fixings of course along the way), and i will be doing drops 4-17 feet weekly, with maybe one 20 footer in there (that i would do only once) I will mostly be doing freeriding and dhing maybe once or twice a year, not intensely, just for fun.
    Get your a$$ off that fricken computer chair walk it over to your bike, and do what god made you to do, BIKE 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by freeriderp2
    I was looking for new bikes to get for the new season. I have had it nailed down to a banshee scream with 888r, or 03/02 shiver, trailpimp wheels, hayes hf9 brakes, fox rc, xt, and holzeflor components. Then recently i was thinking about getting a 2004 kona stinky primo, upgrading the fork from super t to proably 888r or 04 shiver, and keep the saint stock components. What would you guys do.
    thnx
    P.S. I'm a small guy(5'4''), but i am still growing, this bike will have to last me up to 4 years,(with fixings of course along the way), and i will be doing drops 4-17 feet weekly, with maybe one 20 footer in there (that i would do only once) I will mostly be doing freeriding and dhing maybe once or twice a year, not intensely, just for fun.
    i would get the scream if you have the money, but you will probably be able to throw around the stinky primo better. i doubt at your size you will be pushing the scream (unless you are really hard on stuff)
    good luck, althought that didn't help much.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    how strong would the stinky primo be? I know the scream would be much much stronger, but from the looks the stinky's look sorta scronny. Also does anybody know where i can find warranty info+geometry for the stinky, there website's dry.
    Get your a$$ off that fricken computer chair walk it over to your bike, and do what god made you to do, BIKE 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by freeriderp2
    how strong would the stinky primo be? I know the scream would be much much stronger, but from the looks the stinky's look sorta scronny. Also does anybody know where i can find warranty info+geometry for the stinky, there website's dry.
    heres the geometry of the 03 primo, it's quite similar to the 2004.

http://www.konaworld.com/2k3/2k3_stinky_primo.cfm

i think it would be strong enough, i think zedro cracked his (not sure how though)
    stinkyone has a stinky and he weighs 200+ i think, a guy in zachdank's crew has one and he is really good. he hasn't cracked it.

i think the warranty is 1 year...

i would get the stinky primo for your size (that's assuming you don't weigh 1000 pounds.)
    good luck

Members who have read this thread: 0