Biggest Crabapple Hit--how long?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Biggest Crabapple Hit--how long?

I was wondering how long the largest Crabapple hit in whistler is? Does anyone have an idea? Are there any actual measurements? I am searching for searching for an easy jump (relatively speaking) that is 40 feet long; its a mid-life crisis thing...

Glad to Be Alive
    who cares the size....they are real fun
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 02-20-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    39.5689423 feet

Locs on Spokez
    I over cleared those ****ers to flat first run down

Got a lil too stoney on the lift up and just ****in sent it hahahahahah
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    39.5689423 feet
    no more like 24.5689424
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 02-20-2010 at 10:43 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2006
    On the last one in the series there is a fairly large white rock at least half way down the landing. If you watch seasons and pay close attention (or slo mo) you can see it. I landed on that thing after I followed someone faster than me into it. That was one of the coolest feelings Ive ever had riding.

Dont think its 40 ft though.

bike rider
    Those jumps have a really mellow knuckle and long landing. It's also not that bad landing to flat on all of them. The length could vary by 15-20ft.
    Keep the Country country.

~~~~~~~~
    I'm sure you could get to 40 feet off of them and still have some landing left.
    post the question over in nsmb.com whistler forum and someone there should know how far to make the tranny and how far to the bottom.
    You better be solid on all the other jumps there before you go charging down it. I like to get my boost on doing upper a-line and cutting over.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    They are progressive, the last one I'm sure can be sent close to the 40' mark. Real smooth lip and long easy landings.That piece of plywood over the little creek after the last one sketches me out though! It was wet and I almost lost it on that thing!!

Professional Troll
    pics/videos of this?

Premium Member
    They're big, but I don't think they're 40 feet.

To me they're way easier than some of the tables on A-line, since you can just send them. Stuff on A-line might kick you way too far, and you have to know each jump. First run at speed down Crabapple Hits was no worries though.

Definitely my favorite jumps just for the sheer size of them.

Here's a pic I found on Flickr of them:

And here's a discussion on them: https://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=59501
    Last edited by Ojai Bicyclist; 02-20-2010 at 01:05 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini2k05
    pics/videos of this?
    Ya, Crab Apple is def. one of my favorite jumps lines in Whistler... you can carry SO much speed thru them. The first one is about 10" with the last 2 over 30". Super fun for sure!!!

I dug thru my Whistler footage and threw this together for you. Nothing incredible, but it'll give you an idea of how sick the line is.

I'm in the front in the white kit, then the few hits at the end. The rest of the Go Pro footage is my bro Bernie followed by Pound...

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8so9KS2zb1I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8so9KS2zb1I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 02-19-2010 at 05:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Apparently even Canadian's have a tendency to go off on tangents while on internet forums. After like the 4th comment, it starts talking about why some guy died and doesn't let up.
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

mtbr member

already saw forum

The above mentioned forum is where I started. Some guy thought that is was 40-50 feet, which didn't sound right to me. I didn''t even think that they were 40 feet, which is why I wanted to ask around. I am trying to find an "easier" 40 foot jump as a gimmick to conquer the idea of turning 40 this year. I just want to dominate the number 40 or give 40 the chance to have its say. Any other suggestions? Please no psycological advice.

dft
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt
    Those jumps have a really mellow knuckle and long landing. It's also not that bad landing to flat on all of them. The length could vary by 15-20ft.
    the bottom ones are alot bigger than 20 for sure. they are smooth, best line in whistler for sure. i like DM to aline alot better than pure aline.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by dft
    the bottom ones are alot bigger than 20 for sure. they are smooth, best line in whistler for sure. i like DM to aline alot better than pure aline.

yep my favorite Dirt Merchant to A-Line

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hit up dach dank. Then you can see a real 40 foot dub in action. Steep lips and landings, perfect for absolutely massive ****ing air.

Members who have read this thread: 2