biggest bike whore on earth? or buyers remorse?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

biggest bike whore on earth? or buyers remorse?

Yea, i just got my azonic steelhead w/ my marzocchi z1 drop off II. i wish i had a fs bike This bi*ch is heavy. It's a ss. Does everyone go through this? i sort of went through it on my last bike, but not the first night i had it.
    Ride to Die.
    Die to Ride.

Cynical Bystander
    I often times have buyers remorse for a week or two after I get something bike related(ie, 03 monster to on bighit, seling bighit for v-10), but all in all its just change I mean once you get used to it you love it and completely think that you made the right decision. Want more info about bike whores or buyer remorse information contact Snowskilz.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Former Noob Herder
    yeah, buyers remorse is a real *****. So far two 823 rims which i didnt need (replaced a 521/321 combo tubless setup), and just ordered a Fox DHX this monday.

anyone wanna buy a 50W Marshall guitar amp, which i regret buying a few years ago?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    lol thanks guys
    Ride to Die.
    Die to Ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    yeah, buyers remorse is a real *****. So far two 823 rims which i didnt need (replaced a 521/321 combo tubless setup), and just ordered a Fox DHX this monday.

anyone wanna buy a 50W Marshall guitar amp, which i regret buying a few years ago?
    is it a tube amp? lol if its a tube and ur not joking, im interested
    Last edited by bansheebikeman; 08-12-2004 at 08:38 PM.
    im K2bikeman.. but u can guess why i i changed my name :)

Cynical Bystander
    Zedro, post the amp on Pinkbike and trade it for parts, there's always pinkbike groms lookin for some gnarcore rock gear. How do you think I got my monster t? I traded an Austin bass, 15watt Fender amp, and a 03 Boxxer Race for it.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

mtbr member
    just go out and start ripping up trails and citys and it will go away.i also have to sell my dean bass with a create amp

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by bansheebikeman
    is it a tube amp? lol if its a tube and ur not joking, im interested
    heh, i wish, and you're dreaming

its just your basic starter amp, G50R-CD...loud and no frills....crunchy crunchy

my buddy (well, sort of) picked up a Fender tube amp for stupid cheap, the seller didnt know what he had; mixed with my hollow body Danelectro (crap!) it sounded like musical butter...just unreal.

never really got into electric guitar. I'm a rythym guy so its no fun when theres no one to jam with and progress, so i've mainly stuck to my accoustic.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    Zedro, post the amp on Pinkbike and trade it for parts, there's always pinkbike groms lookin for some gnarcore rock gear. How do you think I got my monster t? I traded an Austin bass, 15watt Fender amp, and a 03 Boxxer Race for it.
    geez, i dont need more stuff, i need to replace cash that should of never been spent!

The only time you need to start worrying is when you have to start renting a storage unit to "hide" your collection of steel, carbon, ti, aluminum, full suspenion, front suspension, single speed, dirt jump, xc, freeride, road, mountain, and BMX bikes. I'm going a little over the top- but I did know a guy that had over 35 bikes that he never rode. He did have a seperate storage unit, and he also would hide one or two in his car. The most interesting part was he barely rode. He was a true "bike sl#t."

On second thought don't ever worry about it! The bike industry needs more like him- so step it up. Buy more bike related gear. Forget about buyers remorse. New gear makes for a better rider.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Oregon
    The only time you need to start worrying is when you have to start renting a storage unit to "hide" your collection of steel, carbon, ti, aluminum, full suspenion, front suspension, single speed, dirt jump, xc, freeride, road, mountain, and BMX bikes. I'm going a little over the top- but I did know a guy that had over 35 bikes that he never rode. He did have a seperate storage unit, and he also would hide one or two in his car. The most interesting part was he barely rode. He was a true "bike sl#t."
    i believe the word would be 'collector'. If i had expendable cash flow, i'd probably have a bunch of exotics hanging from the wall, as well as a few of my own design...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    I often times have buyers remorse for a week or two after I get something bike related(ie, 03 monster to on bighit, seling bighit for v-10), but all in all its just change I mean once you get used to it you love it and completely think that you made the right decision. Want more info about bike whores or buyer remorse information contact Snowskilz.

haha, I would take this advice, coming straight from Mr. Bike Whore himself

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Korrupt
    Yea, i just got my azonic steelhead w/ my marzocchi z1 drop off II. i wish i had a fs bike This bi*ch is heavy. It's a ss. Does everyone go through this? i sort of went through it on my last bike, but not the first night i had it.
    hit the dirt jumps or skatepark and quit whining. sounds like a pimp ht to me.
    Divide Bike Bags

M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
    my list would be too long...

V10 Freerider
    Thankfully I generally have to wait for most larger purchases so I have time to talk myself out of them....

but.... buyers remorse has bitten me a few times. I just try to justify the purchase through more time on the various bikes.
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

mtbr member
    Heh, zedro I have that same amp. When I had first bought my k2 I went through buyers remorse because I kept bottoming it out, and whatnot. Then I found it to be a fun little bike. Never had any buyers remorse with the Bullit though....

i should be working
    yea i got a little bit of remorse about my kona. it was an ebay special and little did i know the size small really meant super-extra small. when i stand on it and pedal if i dont watch it i can really bang my knees on the bars. and it had non standard disk mounts on the rear chainstays so right now i'm back to a v-brake which i swore i'd never use again unless i bought a trials bike.

i just kept riding it and although its not a perfect setup i can still rip it. you get used to it. the first night i put my JrT on i though it was a mistake. even though the internals suck the extra stiffness and travel are well worth it even if i couldnt afford a better fork at the time.

ride on!

LT1
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

...hey Zedro, post your stuff on the classifieds...

Quote Originally Posted by zedro

...otherwise I'll have to get it deleted by the mo...

It's true...power corrupts...absolute power corrupts absolutely...