Big Wallrides - How To?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Big Wallrides - How To?

Also posted this in the Urban forum as well.......

I hunted around the site and could not find any tutorial on how to pull off a big wall ride. The ‘Video How To’s’ thread made a mention of one being posted but I saw nothing.

I can do what I call a ‘skatepark wallride’ where you go straight up a transition onto a wall, 180, and come straight back down. I’m talking about hitting a small kicker and then riding across the wall and dropping off. I’ve seen freeride videos of bike parks but those walls always seem to be at an angle, not 90 degrees like the wall I have in mind.

I saw a perfect spot near my house and I’m itching to try it out. It’s a big concrete bank with a wall at the top. The bank is pretty long and has a small fenced in utility box right in the middle. You’d make a big arching turn on the wall going around the fenced in area. Plenty of bank on either side for take off and landing. I’ve got a small wooden kicker ramp that I’d haul over there to get up on the wall. With the big concrete bank there, would I even need a kicker? I guess I could just get some speed and try to bunny hop up there. Not sure that would work because the bank is not a very steep angle. Do you basically try to lay the bike over like a table top between launching the kicker and hitting the wall?

Any tips or suggestions?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    http://www.declinemagazine.com/visua...trick_tips.htm

bottom of the page click "wall rides with chase" other than that all i know about wall rides is speed is your friend.

mtbr member
    Looks good. Thanks. Guess I'll just pad up and experiment with speeds and see what happens.

StraightOuttaCompton
    oooh, that will help soon enough
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Pivotal figure
    Speed and commitment. You've probably figured out that you have to overcome the natural urge to stay upright.
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by TXhucker
    Looks good. Thanks. Guess I'll just pad up and experiment with speeds and see what happens.
    have someone film it please
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

dirt rules
    I will add one thing to the speed and commitment comments.... DROP YOUR SHOULDER. The one opposite the wall. Concentrate on squaring up to the wall, remaining upright is inviting disaster.

mtbr member
    sha....wish I had one to ride...
    Pedalshop.com also on Facebook
    Marin - Transition - Santa Cruz - Cove...

Members who have read this thread: 0