big hit comp upgrade link question?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

big hit comp upgrade link question?

I have the big hit comp 8" travel rear upgrade link that is in the product reviews on this site and i was wondering about the two different settings on it. Do the settings only impact bottom bracket hieght (the lower hole making a higher bb hieght and the upper hole making a lower bb hieght). Fill me in. Thanks

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    A little research goes a long way...

Quote Originally Posted by from Specialized Site
    For the 2002 BigHit DH the 2 holes in the link only offer a geometry change and the travel will remain the same. There is no travel change option on the 2002 BigHit DH it is set at 8.1" of travel. The upper hole will set the steering angle at 67.5 degrees and the lower hole will set the steering angle at 66.5 degrees. Whenever the steering angle is set to a lower value in degrees it will slow the steering which will increase your turn radius.

mtbr member
    Hey man, thanks, i appreciate it. I could not find that on specialized's site. That is exactly what i wanted. Thanks again.

Supremely Unco-ordinated
    Do you find that 8" upgrade link mod has made much difference? Just curious, as I have a Bighit and haven't ridden a modded one...

cheers
    Post your youtube mountain bike videos and they'll be included in our interactive World MTB video map!

Members who have read this thread: 0