Big Hit 07' Frame Tire Clearance?- Mtbr.com
    Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005

Big Hit 07' Frame Tire Clearance?

What is the rear tire clearance for the 07' Specialized Big Hit frame? Will they fit Michelin Comp 32 2.8"

Shredder111

...idios...
    It depends on how acurate the 2.8 is and also which rim you intend to use it with. I sometimes (rarely) run a 2.6 Nokian Gazzaloddi which fits no problem, as does the Continental Petrol 2.5 that I use. My rear wheel is built with a Mavic D321 rim. I reckon you might be getting a bit close with a genuine 2.8.
    To be honest, I've never found a huge benefit from using very wide rear tyres. The Gazzaloddi Jnr 2.3 or Specialized Chunder 2.3 (awesome tyre across many surfaces) are my favored, anything wider tending to become something of a drag, literally.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Why would you want 2.8 in bighit? Just courious.

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by gruczniak
    Why would you want 2.8 in bighit? Just courious.
    why would he even ask... get a ruler out and do some measuring its not that difficult..
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Teh Original Dirt Muffin
    Jul 2005
    I shouldn't have clearance issues with the 2.8 but I'm thinking about when the tire is compressed how that will affect it. The smallest area on the rear swing arm is about 3.1 inches. I was thinking about getting maxxis minions dhf/dhr 2.7 up front and 2.5 in the rear. Does anyone run a similar setup?

The Beaver
    2.8 is huge!!!!!!!! get a 2.5 for the front and a 2.35 for the rear... much less rotating mass and anything bigger is just a waist...

Although I am running 2.6's front and back... but they are more like 2.4 or .5
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

Members who have read this thread: 0