Big Guys and 66rc - Need your input.- Mtbr.com
    run, hide, it's a bike!

Big Guys and 66rc - Need your input.

How do you big guys - like 220+ pounders - like your 66rc? Any flex you can tell of? I have dropoff triple right now with Titec El Norte stem and bars, there is no flex when i push down on left side of bars, and none when push down on right. - you think a 66 will maintain that no flex or what?

Rides like wrecking ball
    I've owned a Monster T, so I have a good reference as to what solid should feel like. I loved my 66RC this past season. It's rock solid, don't worry. Go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    I've owned a Monster T, so I have a good reference as to what solid should feel like. I loved my 66RC this past season. It's rock solid, don't worry. Go for it.
    How much do you weigh?

Clever Slogan
    Jun 2004

I weigh 260...

Quote Originally Posted by vexhex
    How do you big guys - like 220+ pounders - like your 66rc? Any flex you can tell of? I have dropoff triple right now with Titec El Norte stem and bars, there is no flex when i push down on left side of bars, and none when push down on right. - you think a 66 will maintain that no flex or what?

have been riding my 66rc for almost a year now, on my Banshee Scream. I'll put it this way; I've zero problems, love the fork...biggest drop it's seen is 18 ft. no problem. Regularly it gets 8-14 ft. drops, no problems. Lotsa DH trails, and jumps, no problem. Get it, you'll be glad you did.
    "...his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Think I can make that?
    Oct 2005
    Remember the 66 is super tall. It will support you no problem, but I'd wait for the 06. They are bringing down the axel to crown by an inch and a half. I'm thinking of selling my 05 and buying an 06.

Bum Buzzer
    I say wait for the 06 - for a bunch o reasons.

I have some time on 66rc, and it feels as stiff if not stiffer than my 03 Super T. Am slappin one on the bullit - and a 999RC2x on the VPF

(I mean tortional stiffness, fore/aft deflection, etc.. NOT SPRING RATE -- Stiff refers to deflection and tortion, FIRM refers to spring rate... I MAKE THE RULES!! COMPLY!!)

Members who have read this thread: 0