best wheelset for DH and FR- Mtbr.com
    e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr

best wheelset for DH and FR

wheelset including rim spokes and REAR hub.
    i have this urge to get a loud DT SWISS. is it better to buy a hub then lace it or buy a complete wheelset. ( i know chris kings are the gods of hubs but i dont have that much money for them)
    becuase i am going to buy a new frame ( hopefully trade with roachcoach's eliminator for my dr1!) my hub is 150mm and wont fit on the eliminator.
    i have a rear profile racing 150mm hub laced to a mag 30. how much do you think i can get for it? hopefully it will cover for a new wheelset?
    thanks

mtbr member
    deemaxs

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadHucker
    deemaxs
    i know, but to much for me, im thinking double tracks? im mostly concerned about hubs now

SNOWRIDER
    Hadley / 321's or new #'s 729's
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

mtbr member
    Hadley/823 rear CK-Ringle/823 Front

Buckle Up
    Don't waste your money on one of those fancy hubs, they might look nice or sound nice but they are just a great way to flush your hard earned money down the toilet. You can get a much better wheel for the money buying complete.
    <><

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan
    Don't waste your money on one of those fancy hubs, they might look nice or sound nice but they are just a great way to flush your hard earned money down the toilet. You can get a much better wheel for the money buying complete.

yep, for you my friend...look into the azonic outlaws
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

do they sound loud? and will they fit on an eliminatoorrrr! i hope i can contact roachcoach, i have no idea where he is

Radical Off The Statical
    Jun 2005
    Give Go-Ride a call. they'll get you a good wheelset for a good price

Buckle Up
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    do they sound loud? and will they fit on an eliminatoorrrr! i hope i can contact roachcoach, i have no idea where he is
    You need some serious help if you buy a wheelset because of how loud the hub is...
    <><

Glad to Be Alive

just use a baseball card and a clothes pin.......
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

the target bike basher
    i know, but to much for me, im thinking double tracks? im mostly concerned about hubs now
    i gte them for 340... ahem..... maybe i could hook you up?
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Go hit some more two foot plywood jumps in your culdesack on your toys'r'us magma

what makes a hub loud? the more engagement points? how do you know how many engagement points a hub has?

Quote Originally Posted by puttsey
    i gte them for 340... ahem..... maybe i could hook you up?
    pm me if you want to

Got Doubles? Pun Intended
    Mar 2005
    Do you have a budget??? That makes a huge difference.

Prebuilt I like the DeeMax's.
    If weight is not a concern and you're trying to keep the cost reasonable, the Azonics are fine...maybe the 48 spoke Halo Combat SAS's.

IF your building a wheel then pick a hub you like...even if it has to be a loud one, and find a rim to suit your riding style. Mavic is usually my first choice. EX823...721...or XM321...or even the tubless XM819. I just built myself a set of 321 around some Saint hubs.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pamela Anderson

"Freeriderizzle is soo haut right now"

Quote Originally Posted by freeriderizzle
    Do you have a budget??? That makes a huge difference.

Prebuilt I like the DeeMax's.
    If weight is not a concern and you're trying to keep the cost reasonable, the Azonics are fine...maybe the 48 spoke Halo Combat SAS's.

IF your building a wheel then pick a hub you like...even if it has to be a loud one, and find a rim to suit your riding style. Mavic is usually my first choice. EX823...721...or XM321...or even the tubless XM819. I just built myself a set of 321 around some Saint hubs.

i actually have no money, im planning on selling my 150 mm profile racing hub laced to mag 30's. how much do you think i can get, and whatever rim i get ( doubletrack, outlaw) will it cover it. the reason why im getting an ew hub is because the new frame i will get is 135, not 150.. its to wide.
    how much are the halo rims. are those the ones that are white?

mtbr member
    i have had good luck with my Outlaw wheelset. i've been beating the hell out of them for the last couple of months and there still true. i got mine for 250 from my lbs pretty good price for a damn strong set of wheels.
    As for the halo combat sas wheelset there about 300 for a wheel set. www.unrealcycles.com has them. i dont have any experiance on them but have herd good thing about them too

Quote Originally Posted by WATTO
    i have had good luck with my Outlaw wheelset. i've been beating the hell out of them for the last couple of months and there still true. i got mine for 250 from my lbs pretty good price for a damn strong set of wheels.
    As for the halo combat sas wheelset there about 300 for a wheel set. www.unrealcycles.com has them. i dont have any experiance on them but have herd good thing about them too

thanks,
    im looking at the halo's on unrealcycles.com thanks for the info

SNOWRIDER
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieMan

Not if you have your own WHEEL GOD on hand to lace your wheels for you
    my buddie has been building ny wheels for years, and he is a true artist with a wheel.
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller

SNOWRIDER
    i actually have no money, im planning on selling my 150 mm profile racing hub laced to mag 30's. how much do you think i can get, and whatever rim i get ( doubletrack, outlaw) will it cover it. the reason why im getting an ew hub is because the new frame i will get is 135, not 150.. its to wide.
    how much are the halo rims. are those the ones that are white?

wait a minute ! you hope to sell a used wheel for enough to cover the cost of a new wheel ? Good luck ! But I'd bet you aint going to get much of a wheel !

Was wrong with the profile/mag 30 ? sounds to me like your going to be down grading bro !

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    wheelset including rim spokes and REAR hub.
    i have this urge to get a loud DT SWISS. is it better to buy a hub then lace it or buy a complete wheelset. ( i know chris kings are the gods of hubs but i dont have that much money for them)
    becuase i am going to buy a new frame ( hopefully trade with roachcoach's eliminator for my dr1!) my hub is 150mm and wont fit on the eliminator.
    i have a rear profile racing 150mm hub laced to a mag 30. how much do you think i can get for it? hopefully it will cover for a new wheelset?
    thanks
    I think that the loco wheels are on sale at performance bike shops right now, Think like $80 for a rear.
    Last edited by DanD; 06-21-2005 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deweydude
    wait a minute ! you hope to sell a used wheel for enough to cover the cost of a new wheel ? Good luck ! But I'd bet you aint going to get much of a wheel !

Was wrong with the profile/mag 30 ? sounds to me like your going to be down grading bro !

i would be down grading i know, but the hub is 150mm wide, and i dont know what frame im getting, some guy offered a bullit for 550, or a vp free, arnt the vp and the bullit 135mm spacing? if not i AM keeping the wheelset....

i would be down grading i know, but the hub is 150mm wide, and i dont know what frame im getting, some guy offered a bullit for 550, or a vp free, arnt the vp and the bullit 135mm spacing? if not i AM keeping the wheelset....

and i answered one of my questions, on santa cruz website, the vpfree DOES allow 150mm hubs! so i can keep my rear wheelset. only if i can get this vp-free.

does anyone if the bullit accepts 150 mm hubs?

V10 Freerider
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I second that
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

banned
    no no jordan vp frees are 150mm, bullits are 135