Best Tire Pressure on tubeless downhill?- Mtbr.com
    East Coast Style

Best Tire Pressure on tubeless downhill?

Well after recently just going to tubeless, I cant quite seem to find the optimal pressure that i had with tubes. I know it shouldn't be different, but I can't quite find the best pressure. First i was sliding around too much because it was too high,so i lowered it a little and it helped, but it still isn't quite the same. Suggestions would be awesome
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Jackalope Hunter
    I've been running Minion supertacky USTs for a while now and I like the 28-35lb range. Great traction and no problems.
    "That which does not kill you makes you stronger"

Old No. 7
    Trial and error. I swith back and forth between tubeless and tubes and the pressures I run vary a lot. last time I was tubeless it was 30 rear, 25 front.
    06 888 RC2X FOR SALE! PM FOR DETAILS

...the mustache has spoken

Is flexy
    I've got a michy 32 up front and a 16 in back running 30 psi in both. Riding the same areas you are. They seem to be hooking up well...only slide a little on the windy fire road at the top of Skyline.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    It somewhat depends on the terrain. If the terrain is really rough and/or has lot of sharp rocks I run at least 40psi. If I feel the terrain is mellow enough I go down to 35psi but, usually no lower. The biggest concern with running too low pressure is you risk denting your rims. If you are still sliding out on turns running 35 psi try a different technique, position on the bike, different tires and/or slowing down?

When you said you lowered the pressure and it still doesn't feel the same what do you mean exactly?
    Last edited by ender; 05-10-2007 at 12:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I love people who ask completely subjective questions expecting a definitive answer.

Your tire pressure relates to how fat of a tub-o-sh!t you are, your riding style, the type of terrain, the kind of tire you're running, how wide your rims are, and how you like your tires to drift.

to answer your question. The correct answer is 4 psi.
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonk0u
    I love people who ask completely subjective questions expecting a definitive answer.

Your tire pressure relates to how fat of a tub-o-sh!t you are, your riding style, the type of terrain, the kind of tire you're running, how wide your rims are, and how you like your tires to drift.

wow. Someone didn't get their Weaties this morning.

Is flexy

A simple suggestion would have worked too but atleast you proved your nads are huge. You must need two seats.
    Good People... www.efingersports.com

East Coast Style

wow
    i was asking a simple question to get a general sense of an answer
    not some guy on his period
    thanks for nothing, next time don't even bother
    kthxbye
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

East Coast Style
    Quote Originally Posted by ender
    It somewhat depends on the terrain. If the terrain is really rough and/or has lot of sharp rocks I run at least 40psi. If I feel the terrain is mellow enough I go down to 35psi but, usually no lower. The biggest concern with running too low pressure is you risk denting your rims. If you are still sliding out on turns running 35 psi try a different technique, position on the bike, different tires and/or slowing down?

When you said you lowered the pressure and it still doesn't feel the same what do you mean exactly?
    feel the same i guess in a sense of grip. i am running a smaller tire though, so that may take some getting used to too. its still kinda too early to say because i only did one ride on em and after some fidgeting it improved. ill try all of the suggestions, thanks guys
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Disco-Superfly
    I have never been able to run low pressures because I can't stand tire play...

with that said, 35..
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I don't know man, that seems kinda high. How do you kep your tires from being really squirrley?

Bike Ninja |||
    well dependent on your weight, where you ride, etc. IT depends on what you like. if you like the monster traction of low psi then roll with low stuff, if you can't stand tire squirm then rock high psi. Shoot depending on which course i ride i ride as low as 12psi (yes.. thats 12.. twelve) all around, and sometimes 35/40 f/r respectively. There is no magical answer to be found on these forums.. most people are going to tell you to try out as many different psi combos as you can and see which one floats your boat...
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

Members who have read this thread: 0