Best Place to freeride in NY/NJ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Best Place to freeride in NY/NJ?

Hey guys just got into freeriding late last year, got a stock norco a-line except for e13 bash guard, and heavier springs on my 888 and rear shock.

was wondering, if there are any people here from the NYC/NJ area that i can go freeriding with.

I'm new, and currently don;t know anyone who's into freeriding.

Thank You!

oh yeah, here's my bootleg video!

https://media.putfile.com/just-having-Fun76

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Anyone?

For Those About To Ride
    Where in new york are you?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shook_dh
    Where in new york are you?
    i happen to be in the wilderness (concrete Jungle)of New York City....

Lower Manhattan.

Travelling is not a problem, just looking to meet up with some people to freeride with.... it's not fun when you're biking alone...

lol

also would like to know of a few areas i can go, and have fun as well.

For Those About To Ride
    in upper manhattan they will start building legal mtb trails with a dirtjump park and lots of good stuff, cant wait only 20 mins by bike away from here. for some dh and freeride thers vancortland park in the bronx

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shook_dh
    in upper manhattan they will start building legal mtb trails with a dirtjump park and lots of good stuff, cant wait only 20 mins by bike away from here. for some dh and freeride thers vancortland park in the bronx
    wow didn't know that....

i can just put the bike in the car, and take the FRD uptown....

didn;t knwo Vancortland park was open to that, i got a ticket for "freeriding" in central park... lol they gave me a 25.00 fine.....

gotta love ny....
    Last edited by dtufino; 02-06-2006 at 03:11 PM.

mtbr member

I rode C.P.

down by the old dairy section and on some inner trails, but I think that was pre 911.
    Sprain ridge park has decent trails, but its probably 30-45 mins away,
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman
    very nice bike. check out hcor.net there's a thread on the Diablo board about weekly trips from NYC to Diablo Freeride Park. Shawn, who runs the place, posts updates on there a lot too. Diablo is awesome and it's only about an hour away. I'll be up there a lot. Be happy to meet you there now and then if you're looking to ride with a few guys.

edit; after watching your video Diablo may be more DH oriented freeriding than you're looking for. check out diablofreeridepark.com for more info.

by the way, what rate spring did you go with? and how do you like the firm springs in the fork? I'm 200lbs and going with the 450lb spring for the rear shock and the firm kit for the 888.
    Last edited by RTM; 02-06-2006 at 03:33 PM.

Glad to Be Alive
    nice vid
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

For Those About To Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by dtufino
    wow didn't know that....

i can just put the bike in the car, and take the FRD uptown....

didn;t knwo Vancortland park was open to that, i got a ticket for "freeriding" in central park... lol they gave me a 25.00 fine.....

gotta love ny....

actualy vancortland park isnt open to that, its illigal but we have been ridign there every weekend for a while and building stuff for the past 6 months and have yet to see a park ranger

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    very nice bike. check out hcor.net there's a thread on the Diablo board about weekly trips from NYC to Diablo Freeride Park. Shawn, who runs the place, posts updates on there a lot too. Diablo is awesome and it's only about an hour away. I'll be up there a lot. Be happy to meet you there now and then if you're looking to ride with a few guys.

edit; after watching your video Diablo may be more DH oriented freeriding than you're looking for. check out diablofreeridepark.com for more info.

by the way, what rate spring did you go with? and how do you like the firm springs in the fork? I'm 200lbs and going with the 450lb spring for the rear shock and the firm kit for the 888.

well i wanna do some freeriding, and some Dh'ing, anything adventurous would suffice....

i got a 600lb spring on there.... and firm on the front, i weight 195, and thought the rear spring was too soft for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    nice vid
    it's a real short one, i plan on making a longer one, but cannor convince my wife to roll out with me all day with the bikes... lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    brooklynbikeriders.com there alot of locals there. theyll hook u up.

AussieLostInNyc
    It's worth checking out Sprain. Easy to navigate. Lots of different lines if you know what you are looking for. Just the normal loops have some fun things to build your skills.
    This video already did the rounds

http://homepage.mac.com/jbogner/vide...7-Jan-2005.mp4
    www.nycmtb.com
    .....spreading the love

Members who have read this thread: 0