Best Place to freeride in NY/NJ?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    267

    Best Place to freeride in NY/NJ?

    Hey guys just got into freeriding late last year, got a stock norco a-line except for e13 bash guard, and heavier springs on my 888 and rear shock.



    was wondering, if there are any people here from the NYC/NJ area that i can go freeriding with.

    I'm new, and currently don;t know anyone who's into freeriding.

    Thank You!

    oh yeah, here's my bootleg video!

    https://media.putfile.com/just-having-Fun76

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    267
    Anyone?

  3. #3
    For Those About To Ride
    Reputation: shook_dh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    514
    Where in new york are you?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by shook_dh
    Where in new york are you?
    i happen to be in the wilderness (concrete Jungle)of New York City....

    Lower Manhattan.

    Travelling is not a problem, just looking to meet up with some people to freeride with.... it's not fun when you're biking alone...

    lol

    also would like to know of a few areas i can go, and have fun as well.

  5. #5
    For Those About To Ride
    Reputation: shook_dh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    514
    in upper manhattan they will start building legal mtb trails with a dirtjump park and lots of good stuff, cant wait only 20 mins by bike away from here. for some dh and freeride thers vancortland park in the bronx

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by shook_dh
    in upper manhattan they will start building legal mtb trails with a dirtjump park and lots of good stuff, cant wait only 20 mins by bike away from here. for some dh and freeride thers vancortland park in the bronx
    wow didn't know that....

    i can just put the bike in the car, and take the FRD uptown....

    didn;t knwo Vancortland park was open to that, i got a ticket for "freeriding" in central park... lol they gave me a 25.00 fine.....

    gotta love ny....
    Last edited by dtufino; 02-06-2006 at 03:11 PM.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: calvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    758

    I rode C.P.

    down by the old dairy section and on some inner trails, but I think that was pre 911.
    Sprain ridge park has decent trails, but its probably 30-45 mins away,
    "Hillbilly in a corporate world"

  8. #8
    RTM
    RTM is offline
    #1 Latex Salesman
    Reputation: RTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,846
    very nice bike. check out hcor.net there's a thread on the Diablo board about weekly trips from NYC to Diablo Freeride Park. Shawn, who runs the place, posts updates on there a lot too. Diablo is awesome and it's only about an hour away. I'll be up there a lot. Be happy to meet you there now and then if you're looking to ride with a few guys.

    edit; after watching your video Diablo may be more DH oriented freeriding than you're looking for. check out diablofreeridepark.com for more info.

    by the way, what rate spring did you go with? and how do you like the firm springs in the fork? I'm 200lbs and going with the 450lb spring for the rear shock and the firm kit for the 888.
    Last edited by RTM; 02-06-2006 at 03:33 PM.

  9. #9
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    nice vid
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  10. #10
    For Those About To Ride
    Reputation: shook_dh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by dtufino
    wow didn't know that....

    i can just put the bike in the car, and take the FRD uptown....

    didn;t knwo Vancortland park was open to that, i got a ticket for "freeriding" in central park... lol they gave me a 25.00 fine.....

    gotta love ny....

    actualy vancortland park isnt open to that, its illigal but we have been ridign there every weekend for a while and building stuff for the past 6 months and have yet to see a park ranger

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    very nice bike. check out hcor.net there's a thread on the Diablo board about weekly trips from NYC to Diablo Freeride Park. Shawn, who runs the place, posts updates on there a lot too. Diablo is awesome and it's only about an hour away. I'll be up there a lot. Be happy to meet you there now and then if you're looking to ride with a few guys.

    edit; after watching your video Diablo may be more DH oriented freeriding than you're looking for. check out diablofreeridepark.com for more info.

    by the way, what rate spring did you go with? and how do you like the firm springs in the fork? I'm 200lbs and going with the 450lb spring for the rear shock and the firm kit for the 888.

    well i wanna do some freeriding, and some Dh'ing, anything adventurous would suffice....

    i got a 600lb spring on there.... and firm on the front, i weight 195, and thought the rear spring was too soft for me.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    nice vid
    it's a real short one, i plan on making a longer one, but cannor convince my wife to roll out with me all day with the bikes... lol

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    77
    brooklynbikeriders.com there alot of locals there. theyll hook u up.

  14. #14
    AussieLostInNyc
    Reputation: gumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    650
    It's worth checking out Sprain. Easy to navigate. Lots of different lines if you know what you are looking for. Just the normal loops have some fun things to build your skills.
    This video already did the rounds

    http://homepage.mac.com/jbogner/vide...7-Jan-2005.mp4
    www.nycmtb.com
    .....spreading the love

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.