Best Dh tubeless tires- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best Dh tubeless tires

I'm currently runing hutchinson barracuda tubeless on my dh bike as they came stock with my bike (which finally convinced me to go tubeless) and I'm thinking If there are any possible upgrades? Want something that's durable so it doesn't have to be the lightest (although I'm light friendly). It would be good to hear ideas both about mud and dry stuff tire.

Btw. I will be putting some no flat or similar stuff in them and I weight around 135

mtbr member

Michelin

I run Michelin DH 32 2.8's front and rear - amazing tire, amazing traction, amazing confidence it gives me to go fast; amazingly short life of the tire.
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

Wandervans

maxxis minion dhr dhf

I have been running these ust tires for a while now. I noticed they have done something different with the bead to hook it onto the rim. They hook up well and stay on the rims.
    Live to ride!
    18 Cannondale Jekyll Carbon
    16 Diamond Back DB8

https://www.facebook.com/wandervans
    wandervans.com

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by smilycook
    I have been running these ust tires for a while now. I noticed they have done something different with the bead to hook it onto the rim. They hook up well and stay on the rims.
    I second that... I run a Highroller in the rear a lot as well. Highroller does seem to roll faster. Another good tire for UST is Michelin Comp 16's. They're thinner than the Comp 32's described above and work really well in rock gardens and loose/duffy conditions. Plus Michelin makes a UST mud tire that I haven't seen any company equal. (I have one, but don't remember what model it is.)

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by steve47co1
    I run Michelin DH 32 2.8's front and rear - amazing tire, amazing traction, amazing confidence it gives me to go fast; amazingly short life of the tire.
    can't beat it....but you might want to try the DH 24 A.T. in 2.5
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    I like Stans with what ever tire i like (maxix minions)

mtbr member
    Riding on mavic 829 rims though and stans didn't work for my old dee max with minion/roller combo.

thats not to steep is it?
    i run kenda nevegal 2.5 folding bead front and back with stans. really lightened my bike up and i get pretty damn good grip. deffinatly not the best but its pretty good
    07' fsr xc pro
    06' bighit2
    05 hardrock comp set up as a dj bike
    02 fat boy hemi

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    I figured we are talking UST tires correct? The Nevegals aren't UST the last I heard. Do you have some that are? I liked them when I ran them with tubes, but they have the crappiest casing I've ever seen. I sweat bullets every time I have to mount some for a customer...

thats not to steep is it?
    they have a tubeless nevegal i think. but i dont have it. i just have regular tires. and i havnt had a problem yet with the casing.
    07' fsr xc pro
    06' bighit2
    05 hardrock comp set up as a dj bike
    02 fat boy hemi

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdownhillkid
    i run kenda nevegal 2.5 folding bead front and back with stans. really lightened my bike up and i get pretty damn good grip. deffinatly not the best but its pretty good
    Bad choice. The Single Ply Nevegals get Pinch Flats like they're going out of style.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

I walk up hills
    but you might want to try the DH 24 A.T. in 2.5
    That's what I'm running now, great setup, but definately need to dial the tyre pressue to get the best performance, 1-2lbs seems to make a noticeable difference.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Minions with stans is what I like. Timberwolf's with stans for the loose stuff

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Bad choice. The Single Ply Nevegals get Pinch Flats like they're going out of style.
    The thread is "Best Dh tubeless tires".

mtbr member
    Minions get my vote..

mtbr member
    May 2007
    High roller / Minion for racing norbar .. i highly recommand you the minion DH as i ride the same bike than you and i try to minion yesterday .. it was perfect for the bike .. buy 2.5 "

-Frank

mtbr member
    Used the combination of minion front and roller in the back for 2 seasons and it was quite good so maybe this but I'm curious about the michelins as they are on the 08 model and a lot people told me good things about their tires. But at least I see there are only 2 things to chose from.

Is flexy
    Michelin anything... 32 in the front, cut 24 in the back if I had to choose. Oh yeah, don't forget to run the 24 (or a 16 for that matter) opposite of the direction arrow too.

Bottlerockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    Michelin anything... 32 in the front, cut 24 in the back if I had to choose. Oh yeah, don't forget to run the 24 (or a 16 for that matter) opposite of the direction arrow too.
    Is this true for front and rear? Should they both be facing opposite from what the arrows indicate?
    BTW, I really dont like my DH24 AT in the front...might just be my experience with them, but they lack the cornering my old Minions provided. Regardless, I'm going with a WTB Dissent up front for my next tire

mtbr member

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by njhcx4xlife
    njhcx4xlife,

Really? Why do you do that? Have you tried mounting it/riding it both ways?

Steve
    The reason dogs have so many friends is that they wag their tail instead of their tongues.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Quote Originally Posted by steve47co1
    njhcx4xlife,

Really? Why do you do that? Have you tried mounting it/riding it both ways?

Steve
    Some Michelin tires have the arrow facing the wrong direction on accident. They didn't fix it because the cast is very expensive. I know for sure the Comp 16's are backwards. It makes sense if you look at the tread design closely...

Members who have read this thread: 0