best dh/fr trail in NOR-CAL- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

best dh/fr trail in NOR-CAL

ok so besides northstar trails, what are some of the best dh/fr trails in nor-cal, bay area would be nice, but anywhere in nor-cal? i'm finding a full susp. bike so that i can use my HT for urban and have a beast for the trails.

Glad to Be Alive
    for obivious reasons (don't want the trails to be known) nobody will list any other trails besides Northstar...try Downeyville
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    try www.msdhw.com/forum if you want to meet people in the bay area for rides and stuff. maybe you'll find something near you.

mtbr member
    I can give you names. Since people are all HUSH, HUSH up there. Take TAM, everything is illegal. I mean what is it now like $200 plus dollars if caught up there? Wheeler, and Temulpa are good on Tam and so is I think its is called Zig Zag, can't remember. All are illegal and the we have nothing better to do park rangers will ticket you. All because rich non native whiners moved into the area in the mid eighties. There are man made ones around that same general area and also Pacifica, but you will have to find friends there to show them to you. Thats all I will tell.
    Last edited by ianjenn; 07-09-2005 at 04:16 PM. Reason: erase

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ianjenn
    I Thats all I will tell.
    please edit your post....joke or no joke...post like this where took off a website and used against us in council meetings in Santa Barbara Ca (almost got the mountain closed),....this mentality of flippy hiker/rangers or anyone is bad to post about...joke between friends...but never post it....please edit the derogratory comments
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Marin has alot of great trails that I can't post about. Pacifica has Crack/Mile/Boyscount. Santa Cruz has UCSC, Demo Forest, and tons of hidden gems.

mtbr member
    Yeah SB is in the throws of that still. All trails DH oriented are already illegal in Marin. I am angry about it because I grew up there and I saw what BS that goes on in "city council" meetings. Funny how that poor kid a couple of years ago almost lost his head riding TUNNEL and the city council didn't really do to much to combat that. Because someone had to put wire across the trail. Sorry about the earlier post. Nothing can be done to open those trails, but my mom works for the WATER district and they own most of TAM. Wouldn't it really rile up the city council if an upstanding young person met with people from the water district and convinced them to open a section exclusivley for MTBs to ride and maintain? It would have to be "natural terrain" with little to no jumps just rocks, drops and roots.................................???????????? ????????????
    Last edited by ianjenn; 07-09-2005 at 04:14 PM. Reason: spell

Glad to Be Alive
    Yeah SB is in the throws of that still. All trails DH oriented are already illegal in Marin. I am angry about it because I grew up there and I saw what BS that goes on in "city council" meetings. Funny how that poor kid a couple of years ago almost lost his head riding TUNNEL and the city council didn't really do to much to combat that. Because someone had to put wire across the trail. Sorry about the earlier post. Nothing can be done to open those trails, but my mom works for the WATER district and they own most of TAM. Wouldn't it really rile up the city council if an upstanding young person met with people from the water district and convinced them to open a section exclusivley for MTBs to ride and maintain? It would have to be "natural terrain" with little to no jumps just rocks, drops and roots.................................???????????? ????????????
    thanks for editing

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    . Sorry about the earlier post. Nothing can be done to open those trails, but my mom works for the WATER district and they own most of TAM. Wouldn't it really rile up the city council if an upstanding young person met with people from the water district and convinced them to open a section exclusivley for MTBs to ride and maintain? It would have to be "natural terrain" with little to no jumps just rocks, drops and roots.................................???????????? ????????????

You should really ask your mom before posting about
    where she works. Don't think that you have any clout
    or standing to throw around on this board because your mom
    works for the landowner.
    Seems harmless enough, but If I were the WATER district, and I knew
    whose kid was posting about us, I would have a talk with that kids mom.
    Aaah, to be 16ish again . . .

mtbr member
    Lets see water district is a like a "gov," job and oh yeah her boss actually rides and again it is the only way to get rideable trails that are legal. Even though they are a section "government" not many large land owners in Marin these days. A. I remember seeing Regean and Lennon shot so I may be a little older than you or at least what you think. To have no ambition or forsight at future possiblities, isn't that why welfare was created? Remeber "government" employees can't hardly get yelled at it isn't politically correct. There will be legal trails one day around, you have a better landowner to hit up?
    Last edited by ianjenn; 07-10-2005 at 07:47 AM. Reason: add

mtbr member
    This is what www.ownthetrail.com is all about. They are trying to buy land in the Bay area to build legal, north shore style, technical trails so freeriders have access to freeriding in the bay area. The trails would be for members only, for liability purposes. I am a member now. Hopefully this thing gets moving sometime soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Booger: What the F is a Robster Craw?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman
    If you substitute the r's for l's then you get Lobster Claw. At least I believe that is the etymology.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Prechrysler
    If you substitute the r's for l's then you get Lobster Claw. At least I believe that is the etymology.
    that is good thinking

mtbr member
    revenge of the nerds

mtbr member
    That is really cool I will look at it.

Proffesional Slacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mowerman

Thats what lobster claw would sound like if an azn person said it.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Auburn has some fun DH trails near the confluence that end at the dirt bike track. They are actually dirt bike trails but they are closed to dirt bikes on Saturdays so you can ride bikes. And they're shuttleable (is that a word?) too.

Absurd
    UCSC has the best riding in the whole wide world. Just ask anyone from Santa Cruz, they'll be happy to tell you that!

"The Bay Area" is a pretty tall order, are you just looking for anywhere in the area, or a little more local to you? I'm guessing by your name that you are on the east bay, in the 510? Do a google for Sandhill Ranch. I believe it's in Brentwood. They have some DS and DH stuff. I'm sure there's more on that side of the water, but it's just going to be a matter of meeting the right people around here. There's plenty of stuff, but as mentioned above it's kinda a toutchy subject, with the man putting up all of his "NO HAVING FUN" signs around the whole area. Send me a pm and I maybe able to find you a little more fun stuff. Just don't post it. Here's why.