Best CS ever please read- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Best CS ever please read

so i was at the sea otter and my brakes were actin funny they were 4 year old hayes nines that were stock on a bike i bought used and they felt great but i needed new pads so i got them and there was too much fluid in the lines for the new pads to fit so i stopped by the hayes tent to see if the could burp some fluid out and they did but then the brakes were kinda squishy and pulled in to far but i couldnt adjust the lever reach because the bolt was stripped out and lock tighted into place

soo the guys at hayes knowing the breaks were 4 years old and on a bike and i bought used and that the bolt was stripped out lock tighte into place decided just go give me a new stroker trail for the rear and then after that they put that on just decided to give me matching brake for the front

they did all this for free and in about 30 min

David Lee was the guy that helped me out and because of him i will be a life to customer

p.s. the new stroker aces are sick

mtbr member

Thats great

I have heard that hayes/manitu is making great product and good stuff should be comming out over the next few years.

The Beaver
    Lucky you, good story.
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

mtbr member
    That is so great. How are you liking the Trails? I'm loving mine but upgradeitis has me considering the Stroker Aces or the sexy new Saints.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    maybe i can just mail in my old nines and get some new strokers in trade

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Awesome luck man! Makes sense for Hayes... If I produced some of the worst brakes on the market, then finally designed some better ones; I'd give out free ones to appologize as well...

The Ace's are sick, but I'll stick with mineral oil and Saints.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

check your six

Agreed- Manitou/Hayes CS is top notch!!!

I recently had an issue with my Manitou Revox, where the Ti spring was rubbing badly on the shock body. I emailed Manitou and asked if there was any difference in the spring rate between a steel vs. Ti spring. I had told them via email what the issue was with my Revox, and that I was opting to drop the Ti spring and run a steel one. That was the email in a nutt shell. Ohh, I also sent a few pics of the the shock to show the rubbing issue.

Well, about 3 hours later I recieved a phone call from the Manitou tech. He appologized for the Ti spring rubbing, told me there was no difference in the spring rate, and sent me a free spring to replace my Ti spring. When the package came, it was full of stickers, a brand new steel spring, and a new Stroker T-shirt. And all this was free of charge. Totally free, how awesome is that??? Hell yeah for Manitou/Hayes CS. Sure, a steel spring, stickers, and a T-shirt was not much, but hey, what other company is willing to give free bits to satisfy their customers?? Well, Manitou/Hayes does!! Awesome CS, awesome people, semi-awesome products... lol..

Op- That is one of the best swaps I have heard of. 4 year old brakes replaced with new Strokers!! I bet you were stoked, most likely made your weekend!
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    hahaha i donno, he had a pretty sweet weekend, things went well for our group at sea otter!

and the guys at hayes were totally helpful for me too, gave me some bushings for my shock and some replacement parts to get rid of the play in my strokers for free

Pivotal figure
    Hayes usually has very good race support. I had a master cylinder replaced for free after I crashed and damaged mine ( not at Sea Otter though, had to work )
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

I dig trails!
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyskills
    so i was at the sea otter and my brakes were actin funny they were 4 year old hayes nines ...
    they did all this for free and in about 30 min ...
    Yep. They were very busy on Thursday with the racers - doing whatever needed to be done to keep em racing! No questions asked - except for "What do ya need?"

They had three double stands going full tilt by noon Thursday. Super impressive.

P

StraightOuttaCompton
    swick dude, i should try that once my 9s start acting up.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Thunder Chunky
    Nice never had anything but amazing service from Hayes, Manitou and Ibex...Havent used Marz cs yet so we shall see(Heard mized things). If it sucks then Im gonna find someone who treats their customers, who over paid for the product, right lol (maybe go back to manitou if their 2008/2009 stuff gets good reviews)
    Purple Popcorn

Disco-Superfly
    Hayes treated me great aswell, quality repair on my brake, quick turn around and decent price. I'm not surprised to hear this about them.
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    That is so great. How are you liking the Trails? I'm loving mine but upgradeitis has me considering the Stroker Aces or the sexy new Saints.

the aces are siiiick super light too well not super light but lighter then alot of other breaks i think the scale thet were sitting on at the otter said 422 grams but i could be wrong.

saints are sick but they're probably be a bit more in price and weight

183 BRO's before hoes.
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyskills
    so i was at the sea otter and my brakes were actin funny they were 4 year old hayes nines that were stock on a bike i bought used and they felt great but i needed new pads so i got them and there was too much fluid in the lines for the new pads to fit so i stopped by the hayes tent to see if the could burp some fluid out and they did but then the brakes were kinda squishy and pulled in to far but i couldnt adjust the lever reach because the bolt was stripped out and lock tighted into place

soo the guys at hayes knowing the breaks were 4 years old and on a bike and i bought used and that the bolt was stripped out lock tighte into place decided just go give me a new stroker trail for the rear and then after that they put that on just decided to give me matching brake for the front

they did all this for free and in about 30 min

David Lee was the guy that helped me out and because of him i will be a life to customer

p.s. the new stroker aces are sick

Good to hear. I found all your punctuation, it somehow fell all the way down to my post.

.........................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????? ?????????

mtbr member
    Im Formula guy now formerly a Hope and fromerly formerly a Hayes guy.
    Hayes has one of the best CS in the business, I swapped dur to [email protected] brakes not company issues.
    2 's up to Hayes and congrats on the new brakes.
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

Members who have read this thread: 0