Best Alternate Rotors for Juicy- Mtbr.com
    N* Bomber Crew

Best Alternate Rotors for Juicy

The Polygon's that I have are still making a sort of "Shuddering" noise that has been there for a while now, and I cleaned my rear rotor which was the dirtiest, and there are still strange blotch marks every 1 inch on the braking surface.

If I must buy rounded rotors, which ones work the best with the Juicy 7's?
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    The Polygon's that I have are still making a sort of "Shuddering" noise that has been there for a while now, and I cleaned my rear rotor which was the dirtiest, and there are still strange blotch marks every 1 inch on the braking surface.

Avid Clean Sweep Rotors (the ones tha come with the mechs).

do not use shimano rotors!

hayes rotors work alright.

Glad to Be Alive
    take a block of wood and some sand paper and go around the whole rotor and rough it up...then re - try...make sure your pads are clean (not contaminated.....buy new ones if they are)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    take a block of wood and some sand paper and go around the whole rotor and rough it up...then re - try...make sure your pads are clean (not contaminated.....buy new ones if they are)
    Its not a matter of cleanliness...its a matter of engineering, and many Juicy 7 riders have the "shuddering" problem.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Glad to Be Alive
    Its not a matter of cleanliness...its a matter of engineering, and many Juicy 7 riders have the "shuddering" problem.
    not cleanliness................ just resurfacing the rotor to have a new "grabbing point"
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    idk, but my friend likes the gothic rotors. they work well for him, don't seem much different in performance. and they look killer

T.Dot Represent
    red raven 9 inch rotors :P
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Actually it is. When rotors are new if they are not broken in correctly the transfer film( which creates the majority of the braking friction) deposited by the pads will distribute unevenly leading to the brake pulsing, this is also a problem with High performance aftermarket car brakes. By sanding the rotors and cleaning the transfer film off you can start over and hopefully break them in correctly. What usually causes the problem is when people don't follow the break in procedure and end up dragging the brakes very lightly, this causes uneven transfer film depositing.
    "Do not touch the trim"

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

the original round avid rotors, or hayes. both my juicy sets are with the avid round rotors; never have had a single shudder.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Pro Crastinator
    i use the Braking Wavy rotors. lightweight and cool looking......

Meh.
    There are certain areas that you need to shave a litttle bit with a dremel. I think it's between the waves.

Hayes rotors work fine with them. I'm running my old 203mm round Hayes rotors with the Avids. The Juicys have a narrow braking path than the blade of the rotor, but the pads maintain contact, and everything works fine.

Galfer rotors are nice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    the avid clean sweep rotor is the rotor I ended up using, I tried almost every rotor available....

it still suffered from some shuttering, specifically low speed breaking.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    Actually it is. When rotors are new if they are not broken in correctly the transfer film( which creates the majority of the braking friction) deposited by the pads will distribute unevenly leading to the brake pulsing, this is also a problem with High performance aftermarket car brakes. By sanding the rotors and cleaning the transfer film off you can start over and hopefully break them in correctly. What usually causes the problem is when people don't follow the break in procedure and end up dragging the brakes very lightly, this causes uneven transfer film depositing.
    What is the proper way to break in brakes?

T.Dot Represent
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivet

its also good to put a little alcohol on the rotors, give them a good clean (off the bike of course cuz it might damage the seals in the calipers) to eliminate any greese

mtbr member

I use the Hayes round rotors without the V cut. 8"& 6". The stuttering went away but they still squeel every once in a while. I didn't notice any change in power. They're cheap too.

Here's some on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/HAYES-6-inch-dis...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by jkish; 02-12-2006 at 11:21 PM.
    Banned

T.Dot Represent
    i rode my bike a few days ago and they arent stuttering they just SQUEAL ALL THE TIME!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0