the best the 08 freeride for under 3000- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

the best the 08 freeride for under 3000

hey im going going to buy a freeride bike next year but dont have a deffinent idea of witch bike to get ive been looking at ironhorse and specialed but i cant deside plz help me

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    specialized has good comparable bikes to other bikes about a thousand dollars less than they are. For instance, if the spec is 3000, its going to be pretty comparable to a 2000 dollar bike. you can get more bang for your buck going with non spec. If you're willing to drop more coin, the demo and sxt series are both amazing, but i'm pretty sure they're both over 3000? somebody will probably yell at me and tell me i'm wrong though.

mtbr member
    I would definetly say to check out Transition bikes. A dirtbag frame and shock costs about $1300, and you could probably build the rest of the bike up with the remaining $1700 as long as you buy online and search for deals and all. Transition is a very small company, but hands down some of the best CS ever, and they make simply amazing bikes. Definetly worth a look into...
    '05 p.2
    tryin to have fun on a college budget, and doin a pretty good job of it

Frequent Flyer
    Jan 2004
    Iron Horse 7Point, $2999 for 2008

Or why not a 2006 7Point7 on closeout from RS for $2250? http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....&category=4959

That's a smokin' deal...I have the same bike, and love it.

thats not to steep is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider Forever
    Iron Horse 7Point, $2999 for 2008

Or why not a 2006 7Point7 on closeout from RS for $2250? http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id....&category=4959

That's a smokin' deal...I have the same bike, and love it.
    dude thats like 50% off. thats crazy. its from 06 but who cares. its still 50%! thats probably as good if not better than buying used. bike is brand new so its guarenteed to be in good shape. and dont go with specialized. way over priced stuff.

a dirt bag frame and components with out a fork is about 2500. you could probably find a pretty decent fork online for around 500. and you could probably work out a deal with transition too. like complete bike with a marz. 55 up front for 3000 possibly? i could see that. but i dont know. ive never dealt with tranition. ask someone who has.
    07' fsr xc pro
    06' bighit2
    05 hardrock comp set up as a dj bike
    02 fat boy hemi

yaha ha
    get a giant reign x1. dont know how much glory FRs cost, but i love my dh

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdownhillkid
    a dirt bag frame and components with out a fork is about 2500. you could probably find a pretty decent fork online for around 500. and you could probably work out a deal with transition too. like complete bike with a marz. 55 up front for 3000 possibly? i could see that. but i dont know. ive never dealt with tranition. ask someone who has.
    ya, but I'm willing to bet that you can build it up yourself for a cheaper price. Plus, that way you can get the specific components that you want, and you get that personal satisfaction of building it yourself
    '05 p.2
    tryin to have fun on a college budget, and doin a pretty good job of it

mtbr member
    Another vote for Transition here.....Don't be afraid of looking used too....I just picked up a built '07 Bottlerocket, in literally mint condition, for $1,800. It has a great build too, easily $3K plus when everything was "brand new". Great deals can be found on used bikes!

StraightOuttaCompton
    get that 7point from RScycles, it is sick
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Paste eater
    I'm keen on the Dirtbag, now if I could nly come up with the scratch

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Dirtbag or Reigh X1.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    yeah i say reigh x1 or the lower priced glory fr

Capricious youth...
    2008 7point.

Hands down.
    Meh.

Registered Jong
    Glory fr would be one of the best bikes as far as freeride goes on the market except it is a tank dirtbag weighs 8 pounds vs glory weight? what is the glory frame weight could not find it but have heard it weighs a lot.

Paste eater
    The Dirt Bag weighs 8lbs WITHOUT a shock. I don't know how mch the Glory weighs but i'd imagine it's closer than you might think. I still vote DB though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    My AS-X was just under 2600 out the door from Beyond Bikes, I feel it is really a contender especially for the price. My $.02

mtbr member

thks

thks for the info i will looking into that 2006 7 point and dirtbag and the giant

Members who have read this thread: 0