Beginners That Don't Know What They Are Doing With Very Expensive Bikes- Mtbr.com

Jun 2009

Beginners That Don't Know What They Are Doing With Very Expensive Bikes

I don't understand it when I see people that don't know what they are doing what so ever with a several thousand dollar bike. This guy video tapes this "impressive" video of his almost 8 thousand dollar enduro, he's pushing 300 lbs and doesn't even know how to ride a bike lol. watch it at 35 seconds when he eats it hardcore and his "huge" 2 inches of air jumps lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoeSJHN8WPQ

mtbr member
    Jealousy is a stinky cologne

he is out on a bike, what the **** do you care

Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet413

Nah not jealous, I love my bike. I just don't understand why people dump 7 grand or so into a sport that they don't know if they are capable of doing or liking.

Go back to school
    I saw a kid on Norco Team DH ($6555) doing a two ft drop. I let him go ahead on a rock garden just so I could blow past him like he was chained to a tree. My junior-t's were working harder then his boxxers ever will.
    Die to ride, ride to die

Working on my Drops
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet413

+1. We all had to start some where. Just ride and let ride.

Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikesair
    I saw a kid on Norco Team DH ($6555) doing a two ft drop. I let him go ahead on a rock garden just so I could blow past him like he was chained to a tree. My junior-t's were working harder then his boxxers ever will.
    Yeah, I mean this kid in the vid was just riding over dirt jumps and taping hit. He literally only got 2 inches of air max. It's ridiculous. I bet that kid almost **** his pants when you flew past lol.

Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlex
    +1. We all had to start some where. Just ride and let ride.
    Yeah, but you start on a bike thats not 8 grand until you decide you wanna stick with the sport...

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    ECU, you should totally challenge the Enduro guy to a sick gnarly devils' backbone race! ECU_pirate18 4life! I bet you would crush him! Who does fat man think he is riding a nice bike and obviously having a b*itch'n time, knowing full well it will anger ECU_pirate18, the bike value to skill level internet monitor? I bet if he knew master shredder ECU_pirate18 were judging him he would have thought twice. Man, what a tool. Thanks for exposing the tool, ECU_pirate18.

Oct 2005
    Well, they're the ones that are flailing helplessly on the forums here, completely unable to understand their features, that the paint will scratch when they lock up said bike against a streetlamp or fence, or that just because they spent a certain amount of money, it doesn't mean that they automatically get top shelf parts that absolves them of any responsibility of researching their purchase.

Shred...it's the new drug
    Thats a good starting point for a kid building the stoke. I'd like to see his vid in a year from now and all the progression from a sick spot like that. I bet he'll be shredding in no time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Oh, I forgot. LoLz OmG!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm itchy
    ECU, you should totally challenge the Enduro guy to a sick gnarly devils' backbone race! ECU_pirate18 4life! I bet you would crush him! Who does fat man think he is riding a nice bike and obviously having a b*itch'n time, knowing full well it will anger ECU_pirate18, the bike value to skill level internet monitor? I bet if he knew master shredder ECU_pirate18 were judging him he would have thought twice. Man, what a tool. Thanks for exposing the tool, ECU_pirate18.
    hahaha perfect....

...idios...
    I wonder how many people get put off riding their bikes, whatever the value, by people who look on and s****** at them or make fun of them. The guy in the video isn't being flash, beyond his very expensive bike, and he doesn't appear to be trying to show off his skills - he's just stoked. Isn't that why we do it?

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

mtbr member
    https://forums.mtbr.com/videos-pov-cameras/guarenteed-laugh-532074.html

posted in two places?!?!? your a douche

you racing any world cups this year?

edit your profile before talking **** about other people

Year started riding: February 2009

Oct 2005
    Wow, an emo-princess.

Working on my Drops
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm itchy

LOL!! you sir are my hero. One of the funniest things I read in a while.

clyde in training
    Quote Originally Posted by ECU_Pirate18
    almost 8 thousand dollar enduro, he's pushing 300 lbs and doesn't even know how to ride a bike lol
    at least he's out there trying. plus, if you weigh 300 lbs you're going to need a nice bike so you don't break it in half. why do you care? did he buy the bike you were going to get? doubt it.

Capricious youth...
    So, let him blow his money on an Enduro SL. He'll ride it for 6 months, and turn around and try to sell it for $4g's, and still won't get that much for it. His loss, his stupidity.

But ultimately, if he's having a good time, who cares? I don't have the blingiest bike, but I do love passing people on 36lb. SoCom's with 40's, Ti springs, Formula The ONEs, etc. It feels good to know I've spent more time riding than building my bikes.

Not to distract from the joy of building a bike. Second only to riding is the joy of building a bike, but I'm just saying.

Ultimately, you don't know his history. Maybe he rode a lot when he was a kid, and then had a major back/heart/lung/brain injury and is just now getting back into it. Maybe his mom and dad passed away and he got a HUGE inheritance/insurance payout and is just looking to distract himself from the loss. Maybe his brother/sister/favorite aunt died while mountain biking, and he thought it best to tackle his new fear with good equipment.

It's easy to pick people apart in such an anonymous way like on MTBR, but if you were to meet him in real life would you really call him a douche and make him feel stupid before listening to his story?
    Meh.

sixsixtysix
    Thanks for playing, but its time to go, and you cant stay here.

Members who have read this thread: 0