Bash Guard- Mtbr.com

Thread: Bash Guard

Proffesional Slacker

Bash Guard

Do u guys know if a race face bash guard would fit a truvativ crank set? Also, would i have to take off the crank arms to install this new bash guard?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Yeah, it would probably fit. Is it the one that you just get off of pricepoint.com or something? And no you won't have to take the crank arms off.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxrhul
    Yeah, it would probably fit. Is it the one that you just get off of pricepoint.com or something? And no you won't have to take the crank arms off.
    Thats kinda like wearing an Adidas t-shirt and a Nike hat but yea it will work as long as the bolt pattern is like. i.e. 4 x 104mm
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member

bashguard

I put a TruVativ bashguard on a RaceFace Evolve DH crank.Not without some work.The mounting surface had to be ground down about 1/8 inch!I have a wierd sanding block that's about 8x10 inch with 50 grit paper glued to it.Whew! It was over-all too thick.Didn't want to fit under the crank arm.I wonder if the RaceFace bash would closer to the chainring and maybe would hit the front derailluer.Oh,the reason for the TruVativ was that it was on of a few bashguards the would cover a 38 tooth.Ther RaceFace looks cooler/high tec.But the blank looks of the TruVati polycarbonent leve room for your own art work.I would bet RaceFace will fit but you will have more of a gap between the crank and the bash,if that's any problem.

gnar, brah
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevirey
    I put a TruVativ bashguard on a RaceFace Evolve DH crank.Not without some work.The mounting surface had to be ground down about 1/8 inch!I have a wierd sanding block that's about 8x10 inch with 50 grit paper glued to it.Whew! It was over-all too thick.Didn't want to fit under the crank arm.I wonder if the RaceFace bash would closer to the chainring and maybe would hit the front derailluer.Oh,the reason for the TruVativ was that it was on of a few bashguards the would cover a 38 tooth.Ther RaceFace looks cooler/high tec.But the blank looks of the TruVati polycarbonent leve room for your own art work.I would bet RaceFace will fit but you will have more of a gap between the crank and the bash,if that's any problem.
    I think your experience was probably an anomoly. I've never had any problems mounting a bashguard. I've done:

e.13 to Truvativ
    Truvativ to Truvativ
    BlackSpire to Truvativ
    BlackSpire to Race Face

No problems with any of them.
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    will any bashguard fit the truvativ box guide?