Bar Height for DH?- Mtbr.com
    Two wheels are better

Bar Height for DH?

Haven't been in the game that long and still learning what feels good/bad regarding bike setup. Unfortunately, some things feel "good" because you don't know any better, but then someone tells you to try a different approach and it is even better. For example, I just dropped my bars on my pump track bike based on a recommendation and it has helped immensely. More control, easier to manual and much better ability to pump around the track. Seeing that I love the low bars on the pump track bike, I was wondering if this translates to the big bike? It seems that all the DH racers are running a very low bars with almost no stack height, but I wasn't sure if this is beneficial for a non-racer? Anyway, just wanted to get some feedback before I started monkeying with my rig. Thx
    "There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one"

Underskilled
    again this is personal preference, try it at max, try at min, see what you prefer.

I used to be a roady so always have my bars very low compared to most riders.
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?

mtbr member
    Its simple physics - lower cockpit means more weight on the front wheel = better traction. Especialy usefull on modern bikes with slack head angles that push the front wheel away from you and put your weight bias more towards the rear (and unless you have adjustable cs length [or want to chop and enlarge your tt] its the only way to decrease front wheel drift).

For now I went from easton 40mm rise, and 07 zoke with normal headset to a integrated headset, flat bars with 0 upsweep and a lowered boxxer. Immense improvement.
    www.totalbikes.pl - Bike Camps not only in Poland

Calm like a Bomb
    low and wide is what most are going or now...I just went with a CB low stack headset and a Answer low rise wide pro taper bar..feels great so far

Members who have read this thread: 0