Banshee Rune... Who own's one? What do you think? (vs. Kona Process 153)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Banshee Rune... Who own's one? What do you think? (vs. Kona Process 153)

Spring is around the corner and I've noticed that I've built up the parts box enough to justify a new frame...

I want to do something a little different and have narrowed the gravity game down to a few players...

I've got a sweet lead on a Banshee Rune fame ~ and based on the numbers and versatility it seems pretty legit.

Looking for any folks who've got them and thoughts... The KS linkage system in the rear seems like it'll handle low bump compliance well and not be too finicky on the maintenance side of things. (Big replaceable sealed bearings)...

My geometry is such that I have monkey arms and shorter legs... Which initially lead me to the Process, but have some strong intrigue on the Banshee as it's a bit cheaper and... that would save some $$ to focus on upgrading the squish.

Any and all banter greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Sorry I have no comparison to a kona but I can tell you that my rune has been a great bike for the type of riding I do. It's a long bike so it's very stable at high speeds. It's really slack so it handles the steep easily. It's robust so jumping and dropping handles with ease.

The adjustable geometry and the rear spacing really makes banshee a bike for the rider.

I don't think you will regret a banshee purchase but there are a lot of good bikes out there... One company can't accommodate everyone (you can see I've had to go through a few bikes myself). Happy hunting!
    Current Bikes

2015 Transition Patrol AL
    2016 YT Tues AL

mtbr member
    I'm built the same but ruled out the Rune because Keith still has it designed as a "compromise" so they can run either 650b or 26" wheels. The issue is chainstay length - too long with the 650b rear so that was a deal killer for me. Check out a Canfield Balance - you can find good deals on the '15 model year as they tweaked it slightly for 2016 but not enough to really make a huge difference. Both have short chainstays and long front centers (2016 is longer).

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 02-29-2016 at 07:48 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Rippin da fAt
    There's no way I'll let go of this little bugger. It's been so well behaved on the mountain that I purchase a summer pass for Valhalla every spring. I can't get enough of riding the '09. I would love to add a '16 V2 to the collective tho'.

Fuel economy is measured in sandwiches per hour...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banshee Rune... Who own's one?  What do you think? (vs. Kona Process 153)-img_0058.jpg  

Get fAt, Stay fAt, Ride fAt
    Doctor recommended...