backyard stuff- Mtbr.com

Thread: backyard stuff

THELAND photographer

... and if we just ... backyard stuff

more backyard stuff...

the jump i did is pretty much solid...just need an extra pair of hands to help with the landing

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...t=backyard+gap

so since my buddy is not back home from school yet i thought id build a ladder thing. 2 days work of splitting and cutting and im done up to the last two to four rungs which i still have to split.. those two and a little landing are all i need and then it will be ridable off the end
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    more nails please and if your going to cut down trees do it all the way to the ground.

If you can de bark the logs it will last much longer too.

Is this a drop?

Glad to Be Alive
    I know it is your backyard, but in general the rule is you can only use dead wood....no cutting trees
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    i know i will get flamed for this..

but being a VERY environmentally conscience person.. currently pursuing a degree in environmental science.

a person is given many legal rights under the law to use their property in many different ways. if this means cutting a few trees or using a couple nails in trees so be it..

there are much much broader and bigger issues that need to be addressed. like the fact that coal powered electric plants are being built in america everyday and emitting tons more amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere and mountains in west virginia are dynamited and flattened to remove the coal.

freeing up the canopy in certain spaces helps other plants take hold in the area where sunlight now shines.. enhancing biodiversity

mtbr member
    Dude, don't fret. You can always grow more trees.

THELAND photographer
    yes it is a drop im going to do another thing up on the side of it so you ride up, drop off do a u turn berm thing ride back up it, ride down where you first went up and that will be a run in into a little jump...just a bit of a playground..

about dead wood....

not a fan of using live wood but so far ive only cut down 3 or 4 small trees(6-8 inches in diameter about 25-30 ft tall) for the framing of it and used those two big trees(which im not too happy about but im still learning). The decking is actually from a tree that fell about 3 months ago, still green yes, but needed to be cut up so i made the best use of it...i plan on using the top of that tree to do the other runners and i have been trying to de bark things as much as possible as insects get in there and rot it out.

THELAND photographer
    oh and the landing is being built tomorrow

Members who have read this thread: 0