mtbr member
    Jul 2007

backyard project

Tall line about 7' on 18" ladderwork

skinny about 6"

moaaar shimz
    Very sick, I'd love to have that on my yard

mtbr member
    You should think about a line going the other way so you can use the hill for a small run in. But yeah looks killer
    I sold my soul for pennies....but I got a VP Free thrown in as well, man what a deal

The Beaver
    looks like a lot of fun
    Specialized P.1
    Specialized Demo

Some dude who digs bikes
    You are very fortunate to have such a great piece of land to work with. Looks like fun. Where are the doubles??

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by steez
    You are very fortunate to have such a great piece of land to work with. Looks like fun. Where are the doubles??

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I wanna see action!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    lovin' it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    they are still inside the tables

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    they are still inside the tables

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I see two things;
    1. The wooden ladders comprising the top half of the drop landing ramps, you really don't need them. Unless you have them up there for 'training wheels' or you just planned on rolling down the landing ramps, if you have any speed whatsoever (which you should have anyway), then you will clear the ladders going off those drops and will be hitting the dirt ramps anyway. I'd even put more dirt on those landing ramps and make them a bit longer and less steep. Then you could use the wooden ladders for something else!

2. The upright supports in that closest catwalk look like they could use some lengthwise angle braces (you actually have them on the far catwalk in the pic). If you are up on that catwalk and hit your brakes, the whole thing could shift forward.

It also needs a couple of teeters and some 4-6" wide skinnies.

With that said, the dirt jumps and especially the wooden catwalk structure look very good. The catwalks look very well engineered and professionally built. Keep up the good work. Seeing other people make their own backyard freeride parks just makes my day.

Here's some of what my friend Kenny and I have been doing on his 2 acre lot for the past year:
    http://nationalmountainbike.com/boar...hread.php?t=65
    http://nationalmountainbike.com/boar...ead.php?t=1763

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    the down ramps are for noobs to get used to the bridges before commiting to the drop. The bridges themselves are typical sketch, just thrown together real quick. They move around a bit and add to the thrill, but they seem to be planted pretty well. Several riders have already hit the brakes up there, which is not recomended, as 18 inches does not leave much room to put your feet down....

Members who have read this thread: 0