azonic outlaws?- Mtbr.com

Thread: azonic outlaws?

mtbr member

azonic outlaws?

im thinking of getting a pair of outlaws on the recommendation of a buddy. does anyone ride em? i ride mostly freeride now , but im going to start racing in the spring. im fairly ruff on my wheels so im wondering if they will hold up. how many pawls are in the hub? any insight would be much obliged. thanx

Born to Ride
    They are a pretty sweet wheelset for the price! I have ran them on my DJ hardtail for close to 2 years now and have taken some abuse! no flat spots and I dont true them that often. I ran them on my DH/Freeride bike also for close to 2 years and only had one flat spot in them from overshooting a pretty big gap, I flatted on the landing thats how hard it hit. No complaints at all.

KOKOPELLI RACING
    i have them on my dirtbag. they are pretty solid - nothing fancy. if you want a solid wheel and don't care so much about the "bling" factor, get the outlaw.
    kokopelli racing

Master of Beat
    I have them and actually ride a lot of urban with my super-moto and they take a beating, it almost seems not worth it to me personally to buy other wheelsets for 3-4x the price. Now they come in white which is sweet too.

DOWNHILL MAFIA
    I ride em... I love em.... not noisy though, very quiet.... if you like loud hubs like most people do.. i dont.

.. i hear the outlaws are comin in white !!! coool...!
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

Some Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by JSUN
    I ride em... I love em.... not noisy though, very quiet.... if you like loud hubs like most people do.. i dont.

.. i hear the outlaws are comin in white !!! coool...!
    I just put a set on my VP Free, only got a ride or two on them & didn't really do anything that would tell me how they would hold up. I like my hubs loud, but these are "stealthy quiet". Wish they had a lil more "presence" to them on the trail. Lets people, squirrles, horses, folks doin' it in th' bushes, know your comin'.
    "Why are you willing to take so much & leave others in need...just because you can?"

mtbr member
    I race on them on both bikes DH and 4X. They are great. I have not had to touch them at all this past season. Light and strong!!!!
    Ride!

mtbr member
    anyone know how many pawls in the hub?

Pro Crastinator
    with the proper angle of the dangle, i used to huck like chuck all day long on mine....

Glad to Be Alive
    can't beat the price and durability........make sure you check the tension of the spokes after a few rides
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    i just got a set off ebay new for $200. they are really nice for the price

Members who have read this thread: 0