Avalanche shim kit for 888- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Avalanche shim kit for 888

Anyone played w/ their 888 RC3 EVO shim stack w/ good results? http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.c...alve%20kit.htm
    I'm not savvy on tweaking shim stacks but it seems Avalanche has eliminated the guess work. I'm 210 w/ gear and shims are cheaper then springs. What do you think? Is it a bad idea to try to support your weight w/ the cartridge rather then a heavier spring?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by murd
    Anyone played w/ their 888 RC3 EVO shim stack w/ good results? http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.c...alve%20kit.htm
    I'm not savvy on tweaking shim stacks but it seems Avalanche has eliminated the guess work. I'm 210 w/ gear and shims are cheaper then springs. What do you think? Is it a bad idea to try to support your weight w/ the cartridge rather then a heavier spring?
    If the preload is good, sag is good then valving is whats left. I run my forks a bit softer and im 235 lbs I use the valving to control the fork. IF you are doing big drops then up the spring a smidge..
    My Sponsor House

"I dont make memories, I make History."
    CANFIELD - AVALANCHE SUSPENSION - SCHWALBE - TLD

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I am close to 215lbs and I had Marzocchi adjust my shims on my 888 EVO. Now I am able to run the stock Ti spring which is probably 165-195 range or close. I asked for a softer initial part of the travel and a heavier bottom-out towards the end of the stroke. My forks works and feels amazing.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdthunder
    I am close to 215lbs and I had Marzocchi adjust my shims on my 888 EVO. Now I am able to run the stock Ti spring which is probably 165-195 range or close. I asked for a softer initial part of the travel and a heavier bottom-out towards the end of the stroke. My forks works and feels amazing.
    Can you get them to give you the shim stack spec, and post it?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdthunder
    had the same thing done on my Evo Ti, it was part of their Works tuneup. im 225lbs with the stock Ti spring.
    after the re-valve, the fork is amazing.

Glad to Be Alive
    I would be interested too...I just ordered a heavier spring and will start messing with fork later when bike is built
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Members who have read this thread: 1