astrix havox w/ a 8.75 x 2.75" shock- Mtbr.com
    wrg
    wrg

astrix havox w/ a 8.75 x 2.75" shock

I'm picking up an older model Astrix Havoc that I got at a great price and I'm planning on taking it with me to New Mexico for the summer as a play bike. The bike requires a 9.5x3" shock but I'm going to slap on an 8.75 x 2.75" shock. My question is this;

Has anyone who has ridden a Havoc ever ran a shorter shock before? Any info on how much the 3/4" in reduced i2i will affect the height of the BB?
    I know the BB is fairly low for this frame and I am concerned that when the suspension compresses fully that I will be slamming the ground. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,
    Woody
    ..............o
    ...........( L.>
    ____(_)_Z_(_)_____________________________

mtbr member
    look at it this way, assuming the havoc has a 1:3 ratio that 3/4 will be 2 1/4 inches by the time it gets to the wheel, of course the bb will not drop that much, about around 3/5's of that, so basically will be around an inch lower, i think (correct me if wrong) as long as nothing hits it should be fine, very low and slack (depending on how low and slack it is already)
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

Members who have read this thread: 0