Arrow or Halo Rims- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Arrow or Halo Rims

I have decided to get some new rims to replace my white azonic outlaw rims. I just dont like the look of white on my dh bike and I dont think they will hold up to my hack style of riding. Anyways I want to keep the white outlaw rims for my dirt jumper build. I am looking at either the arrow dhx or frx or the halo combat or sas. They need to be 36 hole too. Also what is the best place to buy these rims. Thanks

Oh, So Interesting!
    Just got the frx as a rear rim laced to a Hope Bulb, it looks good so far but not enough time to judge.

The frx is somewhat narrow at 27mm, but I don't generally run huge tires and wanted the option to run 2.35 Maxxis tires which are pretty small... although I just scored some Maxxis 2.7 ST tires for way cheap, and they fit ok. The 2.7 Maxxis tires are a little smaller than some other 2.5s I've had, even smaller than an Advantage 2.4...

The dhx is over 800g, very heavy, I think it would be overkill for me.

I like that Arrow is made in the USA...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    So one of the frx's wouldn't work too well with my front michelin 2.8

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    I've heard (e-rumour) that Halo rims are soft and tend to dent easily. But I have no real experience so take that for what it's worth. I do however have time on Arrow DHX rims and they are BOMB. A solid wheel has as much to do with the build(er) as it does the strength of the rim it's being built with. So whatever you decide, make sure you get a good builder.

I had my Arrow built up by Go-Ride (Krispy) and it's been solid since (4 years ago). Arrow DHX are the most bombproof rim I've ever seen\used.

I rot before I ripen
    Got Halo Combats on my wife's FR bike. No problems for over a year. Built them myself. Just built up a set of Halo Freedoms, only two days worth of rides. The build went super smooth. Spokes pluck like violin strings. Gonna rip em up. Let you know down the road.

damon

Members who have read this thread: 0