Army Repairs- Mtbr.com

Thread: Army Repairs

Ancient Chinese Secret

Army Repairs

Please don't flame me on this, since I'm posting for a bud.

My buddy has a Karpiel Armageddon, not sure what vintage. He loves this bike, and is of limited means, so a new bike or frame is not an option. Problem is, he broke/bent the rear triangle and needs a repair or replacement. Does anyone know where he can have this done in the SF Bay Area?

The reason I ask is I met a nice guy on one of our local jump trails which shall remain nameless mentioned that his buddy was actually rebuilding/repairing rear triangles for Armies. I gave him my card, but haven't heard anything back. It may be vapor, but it sounded legit. And it case anyone makes a wise-guy remark, this guy has nothing to do with Jan Karpiel or the former company. He was just an aluminum welder/Dh'er.

The other reason I ask, is I've met lots of people in the area (and on this list) who love these bikes, so there must someone out there maintaining them in some way. I also understand that the company was Reno/Tahoe based, so there must be someone there that knows how to get this done. I've met a few people up at North* who worked there (and yes, who have been burned by Jan).

Can anyone help me/my buddy out? I'm tired of him not going DH'ing with me 'cause he doesn't have his Army. Does anyone on-list know if anyone is doing this preferably in the Bay/Tahoe areas?

pwn3rator
    nope...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mtbr member
    I'm not sure of the price, but I should have new swingarms in stock within a month in a half or so. They will have a replaceable derailleur hanger and use a 150mm thru axle. These are the same swingarms that will be installed on the new Disco's and Armageddon's, and are compatible with the older models.

Ancient Chinese Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian HCM#1
    I'm not sure of the price, but I should have new swingarms in stock within a month in a half or so. They will have a replaceable derailleur hanger and use a 150mm thru axle. These are the same swingarms that will be installed on the new Disco's and Armageddon's, and are compatible with the older models.
    Cool, love to hear it. Are you the rep for the new company that Jan apparently is involved with? What is the status of this new company?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    I'm the US sales rep. They are currently in production with the Disco, which should be available withing the next month in a half.

Members who have read this thread: 0