Which Arm Protection- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Which Arm Protection

i am stuck between the Rockgardn landing zone arm pads or the Roach Rally FR pad or maybe even the Race Face Indy arm pad? any suggestions or critiques would be great--thanks koko85

mtbr member
    I have the roach rally FR and they ROCK

they fit really well and the elbows are a nice cupped design.
    they stay in place and protect better than most armor

i have the rockgardn flak jacket, which i love, but i bought that specifically because its arm pads are detachable so i can use my raceface arm pads. (raceface/roach = same thing)

i tried the rockgardn arms of course but i don't like them as much
    not as cupped an elbow and not as snug a fit

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    uhhh
    none.

OMG!
    ^i tend to miss the skin on my arms when it's gone, but to each his own. I've got the roach fr. they stay in place, and when i crash, i can get up and not have to spend two weeks healing road rash.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    The Roach/RF Rally stuff is really well designed (I've only compared it to Fox Launch and 661 pads though, not Rockgardn).

check your six

One more for the Roach

I would reccommend any arm protection to begin with, any is better than none.

BUT... I do know that the Roach FR arm guards I have withstood the rigors of Snowshoe, WV with ease. The padding is excellent, and they fit really snug. The best part is when you are flying down the rockgarden (Ball -n- Jack) at 30MPH and the Roach FR stay right where you put them, there is no sliding down or movement of the pads.

That was my two cents. Get the Roach FR, and watch out for the Race Face ones. They are the exact same as the Roach, but sometimes cost more because they have "Race Face" printed on them.

mtbr member
    Just got the Landing Zone and they feel grrrreat. Plus not too expensive. Have the knee/shin ones too; was impressed with the range of motion for such a big pad.

Awesomist™
    I just got a set of Fox Launch elbows, but haven't got a chance to use them yet. They're comfy though, just not sure how they'll perform while riding. Usually I'm rocking the Fox Launch suit, integrated arm/elbow/shoulder/chest/back is usually the only way to go for me.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have used the Fox Launch elbows and they were very comfy, fit snugly, and allowed for good articluation and airflow. Highly recommended. I have friends who use the RG pads and swear by them also.

Members who have read this thread: 0