Arkansas Trip (pics)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Arkansas Trip (pics)

Made the trip home to Arkansas for the weekend to hang out with some friends and take the maiden voyage on my new steed. The weather was amazing and made for one of the most fun rides I've ever been on. The new Mongoose Black Diamond was a blast to ride and I can't wait for my next DH trip (dallas doesn't have many gravity runs). The only pics I have are from the finish line gap that we would session about 15 or 20 minutes after every run.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I Welcome All
    looks sick, awesome pics

mtbr member
    a few more pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

clyde in training
    I like the mongoose more and more every time I see it.

mtbr member
    sweet pics and nice bikes

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Looks like a fun place to ride!
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Glad to Be Alive
    looks like fun.....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

StraightOuttaCompton
    looks sick. That double looks sick.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

DIRTYAMERICAN
    Apr 2004
    Where's that at in AR? Sweet pics!

I think I recognize that orange/white SX from Devil's Den a couple weekends ago.
    let's roll

mtbr member
    That's in Eureka Springs at Lake Leatherwood. It is where they have the Fat Tire race every year. The guys with the white and orange sx's (jesse and wes) were both at DD. I was there as well but I was riding a different bike since my black diamond hadn't arrived yet.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconAR
    That's in Eureka Springs at Lake Leatherwood. It is where they have the Fat Tire race every year. The guys with the white and orange sx's (jesse and wes) were both at DD. I was there as well but I was riding a different bike since my black diamond hadn't arrived yet.
    I went to Eureka Springs about two years ago and had an absolute blast. I rode the XC trails around the lake and towards the dam...Where did you stay? I stayed at the Tall Pines Inn and it was outstanding. The owner is a mountain biker himself and let me in on a few of the secret trails that he rode. If you live in the SE Lake Leatherwood is one of the must ride locales around. And the grub was awesome...Did you all ever eat at the Bavarian Inn. Outstanding German food and beer. Best mtb trip I have went on...

mtbr member
    it looks like a fun place ride!

mtbr member
    Looks like they took a little of the hieght and vert out of the take off comparred to a couple yrs back when Shaums and his crew were there helping build the gap for the DH event that weekend. Still looks fun non-the less. You guys planning on racing it this year? Me and some buddies are working on a DH trail here in Little Rock- if we get it done in time we'll try and get it on the schedule so we can have another event.
    Don't drink it

mtbr member
    looks like fun!!

Dirt looks nice too

Capricious youth...
    That new Goose stuff is really looking better and better.

Every year for the past three years, they've really stepped it up as far as keeping prices low, component groups nice, and bike-builds good.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Have any of you AR guys been to Slaughterpen trails and the FR park in Bentonville?
    I'd love to go rock that place but it's too far from Nashville to make a full day trip out of it.
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb_mike
    Have any of you AR guys been to Slaughterpen trails and the FR park in Bentonville?
    I'd love to go rock that place but it's too far from Nashville to make a full day trip out of it.
    Yeah Slaughter Pen is def. fun, the trails kick as too. We are working on a freeride park in Little Rock also, it will have a 4 x course, DJ's and a concrete bike park when it's all finished, right now we are cutting trail for a new DH/FR trail, and have completed the upper loop which consists of skinnies, and a good teeter totter.
    Don't drink it

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Yeah Slaughter Pen is def. fun, the trails kick as too. We are working on a freeride park in Little Rock also, it will have a 4 x course, DJ's and a concrete bike park when it's all finished, right now we are cutting trail for a new DH/FR trail, and have completed the upper loop which consists of skinnies, and a good teeter totter.
    Where/how did you guys get the funding for the Little Rock FR park and trails?
    I'm trying like a MF to get one built here in Nashville. We have the approval from the Corp of Engineers (owners of the land it would be built on), we just need to get funding for it.
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

mtbr member
    Eddie Jones, I didn't stay the night because we just went back to Fayetteville, but I have been to Bavarian Inn before and I agree it's very good. There are a couple of dive bar type places that I'll usually go to that are pretty fun as well.

E2; You're right in that the take off sends you out a little more than up. I bet that they changed it for the race last year (I didn't go) because I recall it being pretty difficult to build up enough speed to clear it the year shaums was there. The way it is now, you hit a little jump sending you down the hill towards the double, and it's smooth as butta.
    I'm definitely going to make it up for the race this year.
    I've been on the arfreeriders site and read about what yall are doing. It sounds awesome. I'm going to be waiting until the DH course is done before I make my first trip to ride it, but I'm looking forward to it to say the least. If you did a race out there, how long of a run would it be? we did the Eureka course in about 2 minutes and change, and the DD course in 3 1/2 ish. I know there is probably limited elevation to work with, but it would be awesome to get a 4 minute race.

rmb mike; I used to ride slaughterpen all the time and it's great fun, but i'm not sure it's worth the trip from Nashville. If you had a couple people to ride with, it might be fun to hit up Devils Den, Eureka, and Slaughterpen over a long weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb_mike
    Where/how did you guys get the funding for the Little Rock FR park and trails?
    I'm trying like a MF to get one built here in Nashville. We have the approval from the Corp of Engineers (owners of the land it would be built on), we just need to get funding for it.
    Well so far the city hasn't kicked down any doe- the building which has been done is all from a buddy who donated the wood to us (he owns a saw mill), but hopefully soon the city will have their budget lined out and we can start renting some equipment and using their money

Basically a small group of us got together and gave a really good presentation to the city council about developing an old mining pit into a freeride park, long story short they dug the presentation and gave us the green light to start building.
    Don't drink it

mtbr member

FalconAR

So far we're not sure how long the course will be- I'm sure it will be around the 2min. mark not much elevation to deal with here and lengthen the time. We plan on putting in some ladder bridge type stuff which will slow down the pace a bit, and some doubles designed much in the same way as the Woodlot- it might not be the ideal DH race trail but it will offer loads of fun and an easy access trail to ride back up and repeat. I'll post some pics here as the progress continues. On the other hand the quarry face will offer a great area for a burly 4 x track kind of new school with rocks, roots, burried logs, and anything else to make it feel less like a downhill BMX track.
    Don't drink it

Members who have read this thread: 0