Areas of improvements?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Areas of improvements?

Hey guys, newly regged here... My name is Erik and at the moment i'm studying industrial design in sweden, and finishing up the last year of my bachelor degree... during the springterm I'll do my thesis to my degreework, so now i'm looking for interesting areas and topics, hence me being here...

so now to my question, do any of you guys know something equipment wise that could need some improvement, safety or function... what bugs you the most?

how is your helmet, and what brand is it? what is the most common injuries? well basicly any kind of info would be interesting...

thanks in advance! /E

mtbr member
    POC has been addressing a lot of the problems with helmets recently. They aren't perfect, but they are years ahead of most other companies. The MIPS system is a great safety feature for slowing brain rotation. I admit my bias (I work for the company that purchased POC a year or two ago), but they have brought a LOT of great things to the market. The new Koroyd material being put into some helmets has a lot of promise as well. Maybe do some further research on how it does with oblique strikes, or direct crush impacts? Another option with Koroyd is to look at how easily it permanently deforms compared to standard EPS foam. That would be pretty disappointing if Koroyd crushed very easily and required the user to replace their helmet after every small fall. I don't know if that info helps, but I hope it does. Best of luck with your thesis!
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    the debate on whether or not the Leatt neck brace causes higher incidences of collar bone breaks is interesting. I still where mine, but my friend will not..
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia View Post
    the debate on whether or not the Leatt neck brace causes higher incidences of collar bone breaks is interesting. I still where mine, but my friend will not..
    funny I would rather have a broken collar bone then a broken neck ...ie..3 to 6 months in brace or a lifetime in a wheelchair...hmmm interesting
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Moose Member
    I think the real argument is that the Leatt causes collar bone breaks in minor crashes where usually the neck and collar bone would both me fine.

Either who, Leatts rub the setter screw in my collar bone now and are too uncomfortable to ride in.

SMT are you still in Utah? I saw a pirate flag being flown on a car the other day. Full blown flag too, about the size of your average US flag.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Some day, somebody is going to design a set of kneepads that don't slip down, don't chafe, and don't rest on your shoes, either, and it's going to be glorious. Until then, you either forgo shin protection and hope you never slip, or you wear shoe to thigh protection in the form of raceface gear. Would love to see some integrated bibs, suspenders, or just a better design for knee pads.

mtbr member
    A better designed Leatt brace, that is actually affordable, would be a great project!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Professional Troll
    Retail on New leatts is pretty reasonable IMO. But if you want a deal on one or an atlas let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    A better designed Leatt brace, that is actually affordable, would be a great project!

Have FUN!

G MAN