Anyone using strokers for DH?- Mtbr.com
    what's a lurker?

Anyone using strokers for DH?

I'm thinking of getting the Hayes stroker carbons because they're priced right (2 bucks a set with rotors). They'll be used for pure downhill purposes, and I'm wondering if they can take the abuse with 7" rotors. The Hayes website says so but for some reason that doesn't reassure me.
    I also looked at: saint, hayes 9 HD/mag HD, magura louise, avid juicies/code 5. Didn't really look into hope's or formulas's too much.

Capricious youth...
    In all honesty, I had bad experiences with my Strokers so I'm sticking to Avids.

But that's just me.
    Meh.

mtbr member
    Mine did fine for lift served riding with 7" rotors. I'm not good so I was on them a lot. No fade and plenty of power for me. Feel is personal but I love the feel of these compared to my Juicies.

Citizen Of Earth
    May 2008
    Saints and Elixer CR's kick major ass and for about $100 more than you want to spend, they're worth it. One department not to skimp in is the stopping power department. You never know when you'll need the extra grab and the reliability of proven DH stopping power.
    "If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." ~ J. Whittaker

Members who have read this thread: 0