Anyone using the 661 assault suit?- Mtbr.com
    Living the Dream

Anyone using the 661 assault suit?

The one with the short sleeve arms. I can get one for a pretty good deal & I was wondering if anyone has tried it or heard anything about it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i know jesse has one(biker3) and he suggested it to me cause i told him i wanted to get a jacket. i think he likes it alot. specially cause he doesnt have to wear like arm padding if he doesnt want to cause it doesnt have any..

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by dhracer1067
    i know jesse has one(biker3) and he suggested it to me cause i told him i wanted to get a jacket. i think he likes it alot. specially cause he doesnt have to wear like arm padding if he doesnt want to cause it doesnt have any..
    Yea Jesse does love his and no doubt hes a good rider cuz he can kick my ass but it barely offers any protection. I mean the spine and chest protection is like very soft foam. Also, where would u wanna wear your suit and not your arm guards? Do yourself a favor and get a good jacket.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Buckle Up
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    Yea Jesse does love his and no doubt hes a good rider cuz he can kick my ass but it barely offers any protection. I mean the spine and chest protection is like very soft foam. Also, where would u wanna wear your suit and not your arm guards? Do yourself a favor and get a good jacket.

-TS
    Ive got an assault suit, and it works very well. The spine protector is hard, but the chest protection is kinda weak. I bought the assault suit along with some roach elbow guards, so my thinking, was that I could use the elbow guards seperatly from the assault suit. If all you do is race, upgrade to a full suit like the sp1, but if you would like some lightweight protection for trail riding, this is it. For the price, there is nothing better.
    <><

DHR Rider

I use a 04' 661 pressure suit..

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    The one with the short sleeve arms. I can get one for a pretty good deal & I was wondering if anyone has tried it or heard anything about it?
    .... and overall I'm pretty happy with it (in particular the spine and shoulder protection), but I do have a few gripes. For one, I don't think the quality of the materials (and the way they are sewn together) is particularly commendable. Also, the chest padding is offset somewhat because of the zipper, leaving one side less protected than the other, so it seems.

I've tried various armor brands in the past, and I've been most impressed with Dainese gear. Yes, the price is high (the stuff is imported from Europe, and with the strong Euro things ain't cheap), but the quality, protection, durability and fit are all top notch.

661 stuff is OK, decent value for money, but if you are looking for some quality gear that will last you more than 1 or 2 seasons, go for Dainese.

Just my .02c

Cohiba

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

661 cheap

If anyone is looking for 661 top suits for really cheap check out sierra trading post.com, they have really good deals. They don't carry small though. It's only 119 for a pressure suit.