Anyone tested the 2010 Marzocchi 55 RV?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Anyone tested the 2010 Marzocchi 55 RV?

Hey so i have been looking at possibly upgrading my old fork for a marzocchi 55 R. I am debating if it is even worth getting one in the first place and also if it is worth getting, if it is worth spending $100-$110 more for the 2010 instead of the 2009. I have heard marzocchi forks were terrible the last two years but that the 2010's were solid, but have not found many reviews. Thanks for your help in advance.

Glad to Be Alive
    I have no time on the 55's....but the 2010 888's are day and night better then the 2009's..

110 to 120 is nothing...I would get the 2010
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    I have a 2008 55R and its terrible (compared to my 66 ATA), if you want I will sell it to you cheap
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming

Takin'er easy
    If you're looking to spend less on suspension, Rock Shox is your best current product for the money. The Domain will probably suit your needs best. Send me an e-mail, and I'll get you a price quote on that fork in whichever configuration you may need. You come in the shop a lot, but you haven't yet given us a chance to earn your business. I understand that price is important, but service and knowledge are good things too. I assure you that we have a very knowledgeable staff, and are very happy to service products purchased from our store.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks for your help, I don't doubt your services, I am just trying to figure everything out and I am building on a cheaper budget so it is tough.

mtbr member
    I have the 2009 55 ATA Micro and it's fantastic unlike any other incarnation of the fork. Feels very coil -like and is crazy adjustable. Havent had one problem. The wind down sucks the life out of you but nice when you need it. I've been spoiled with ETA in the past. That would make this fork perfect.
    I'm GNARcissistic

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I'm looking at this fork too. They can be found at a decent price so maybe I'll go with it.

mtbr member
    I've used this fork for about 5 hours and I think its a very nice fork

Buttery smooth and the rebound and coil preload are effective and have a nice range of adjustibility, especially the rebound
    avoid Manitou forks at all costs... they have no souls...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Demodude
    I have the 2009 55 ATA Micro and it's fantastic unlike any other incarnation of the fork. Feels very coil -like and is crazy adjustable. Havent had one problem. The wind down sucks the life out of you but nice when you need it. I've been spoiled with ETA in the past. That would make this fork perfect.
    I also want to get this fork!! How about its quality?? It is better than 08?

Members who have read this thread: 0