To anyone struggling with bunnyhops, wheelies, etc- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

To anyone struggling with bunnyhops, wheelies, etc

If you are having trouble with anything getting the front wheel up, I found the best thing to do is to exaggerate your motion. You may think you are pulling hard, but go all out. Smack your face all the way down into your handlebars if you have to before jerking it up. Even if it is a little bit funny-looking for small stunts, it'll get you up a lot quicker and it'll make learning to transfer your weight a lot easier.

If possible, have someone tape you doing it so you can see what's going on.

mtbr member
    maybe think about leaning back while you are pulling up. There is a lot more to a manual than pulling up on the bars.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    sry but just pullling really really hard isnt the correct way to get the front up, it may work but you are using way to much energy for a simple move. there have been acers of threads, and countless links to great websites on this subject, my sujestion is just keep riding, the more time on the bike you get the better you get. it doesnt mater if you are just riding in circles in your driveway bike time is bike time
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm just saying that in general, a lot of people having problems with these tricks are not making a full enough motion, that includes pulling up, leaning back, springing, etc.

Members who have read this thread: 0