Anyone ride Killington- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Anyone ride Killington

VT. I saw that the mtn was a Kona Approved park but the website stinks and i cant get an idea if its any good or not? for reference i have ridden Diablo, Platty and Highland so does it match up or a waste of time? Thanks koko

Skier by trade
    Aug 2006
    I rode it a couple of times last year. There are some pretty technical trails, above my ability. I really do not plan on heading back this year due to the way that Powdr is treating the Kton pass holders.
    Click. Point. Chute.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by koko85
    VT. I saw that the mtn was a Kona Approved park but the website stinks and i cant get an idea if its any good or not? for reference i have ridden Diablo, Platty and Highland so does it match up or a waste of time? Thanks koko
    It does not match those places at all. I rode it last year and then I found Highland and will not go back.
    Stay where you are and ride hard.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    killington is supposed to have a new bike park for this year. I'm heading up there in around a week so.....we shall wait and see

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyp
    killington is supposed to have a new bike park for this year. I'm heading up there in around a week so.....we shall wait and see
    Yeah that's what they say but I was there this 4th and didn't see anything, I guess they call it Kona aproved park because they rent Konas.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyp
    I believe that the rumor is that the park won't be started until later this summer. We'll have to see.

toby

mtbr member
    As of last fall it didn't stack up against those places you mentioned at all. It's not very techincal, and there aren't many (any?) jumps or drops of any real size.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    thanks for the heads up everyone...i will be sticking to the other mtns (they're all way closer-except for Highlands) this year---thanks again---

Members who have read this thread: 0