Anyone remember the Green Monster at Whistler last year?- Mtbr.com
    Tear it all out! SuperModerator

Anyone remember the Green Monster at Whistler last year?

Look what they are building this year....

"Winter Steroid Usage Transforms Green Monster
    The next key piece of the Boneyard puzzle will be ready for action this weekend. Sean Dickson has been hard at work completing this year's bulked up version of the 'Green Monster'. Looking more like a condominium than yet another mountain biking play thing, the Monster has grown a second story, a left hand wall ride (that sets up perfectly for the existing rightie), a right hand hip check and possibly a couple of rails to grind. Bring your skills and imagination; the combinations are endless."

https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/bike/

For reference, here is the box from last year.

Just roll it......

The **new and improved** green monster!!

That looks really sweet. I'll probably be up there next weekend for the mem. day holiday, so I can't wait to hit that. The crud to mud event sounds super cool this weekend too!

Craig, if you're around this weekend, I may be hitting Seymour on Sunday (weather dependent) with a few buddies. I'd like to get some runs down CBC in case I feel like hitting the 3rd installment of the Ripper. Interested?

EB

Sorry, it is a long weekend here this weekend so won't be riding the NS.

Besides, my Bullit is down right now. Destroyed a crank last Saturday in Whistler so am getting LBS to face BB to install a set of Diabolus. Tarpon talked me into it.

mtbr member

Cool, now I'm a bad influence...

And I won't even blame you for talking me into buying a Knolly. Pretty sure I am anyway, I'll be talking to Noel tomorrow.

Got my cast off today and am going for my first ride tomorow (weather permitting). I jammed my thumb real bad up on Pangor (really dumb accident) and had an aluvial (sp?) fracture (the bone that the ligament attaches to breaks) in the lower joint.

We need to get together with Jim and Trevor for a ride sometime. I told Trevor that we would be up at Whistler over the 4th of July weekend.
    "Without the ability to make moral distinctions based on motive, consequences, the ethical constructs of various parties, everything is equal, and you end up with people like Woody Allen: a tiny speck of compacted narcissism, revolving around the dead sun in an empty universe." - James Lileks

The trouble is that Jim & Trevor won't have bikes to ride until the V-tachs are delivered, unless Trevor can take Noel into letting him "demo" one again.

Here is a shot of the "condo" and the GLC drops, taken from the bottom of the hill.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Here is a shot of the "condo" and the GLC drops, taken from the bottom of the hill
    thnx for the teaser pics, you are really making me excited about our trip there in aug....

Just so there isn't a missunderstanding, I didn't take the pic, I just found it on NSMB.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Just so there isn't a missunderstanding, I didn't take the pic, I just found it on NSMB.
    no matter. you posted it here for our pleasure. who cares who took the pic? that's irrellevant anyway

(all giddy like a little girl, while i await the trip)

Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpon
    And I won't even blame you for talking me into buying a Knolly. Pretty sure I am anyway, I'll be talking to Noel tomorrow.

Got my cast off today and am going for my first ride tomorow (weather permitting). I jammed my thumb real bad up on Pangor (really dumb accident) and had an aluvial (sp?) fracture (the bone that the ligament attaches to breaks) in the lower joint.

We need to get together with Jim and Trevor for a ride sometime. I told Trevor that we would be up at Whistler over the 4th of July weekend.

Does that mean you bailed out of the VP Free? You'll probably get a bike faster if you got the Knolly instead of the Santa Cruz, that's for sure...

See his test ride report on Passion.