Anyone have the same problems????- Mtbr.com
    StraightOuttaCompton

Anyone have the same problems????

Hello fellow bike riders

I just bought a 2006 Ironhorse Yakuza Kumicho and love it. My problem is one of my friends just bought the same bike from the same shop in the same week knowing that i had it. Does anyone else think this is gay??? Right now i just want to pop his tires so he crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone else had this happen to them?????????
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Meh.
    Who cares? Not me.

Bottlerockin'
    somewhat similar situation. i bought a transition bottlerocket and 2 weeks later my friend walks out of the same store with a transition preston fr! I thought it would be sick to be the only one in the area with a transition but now i have to suffer the (embarrassment really) of walking into the lbs with a friend who has a transition just like me. it also bugs me because he didnt pay a penny of it and i drained my entire savings on mine not to mention his lack of passion for the sport (and skill to some degree)

^harsh...but a true rant if i dont say so myself

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    Hello fellow bike riders

I just bought a 2006 Ironhorse Yakuza Kumicho and love it. My problem is one of my friends just bought the same bike from the same shop in the same week knowing that i had it. Does anyone else think this is gay??? Right now i just want to pop his tires so he crashes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone else had this happen to them?????????
    I think you have no life. No. Seriously, I do think that. Who gives a crap. Worry about something worthwhile other than "oh sh!t my friend has the same bike as me; I'm gonna go pop his tires and be super immature."

Are you one of those people who has nothing else to worry about so you find things that make no sense to b!tch about?

Oh, and only uber immature 13 year olds use "gay" as an insult...

EDIT: 2nd version response: Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That must be so stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everything turns out for the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, this guy came into the shop today, and he was all stressed out over his sister in law having a miscarriage and his father having untreatable cancer, but this is so much worse!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain.

That's a very tragic occurrence.

Just ride your bike. Everything becomes so simple and clear when you're riding your bike.

Tim
    Last edited by tibug; 07-15-2007 at 05:58 PM.
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    what is the problem with that???
    I think you are having a problem of ego.
    You bought this bike because you think this was the best for your money.
    You should be happy for your friend.
    If you are not happy for him this is not your friend

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    it doesn't matter at all. if your ego is so small that you need to have the better bike go get some new parts for your's. but really who gives a flying fcuk? just go out, ride, and have a blast

-> SickLines.com <-
    ha, he probably got it as a result of you not shutting up about how great it was.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    ha, he probably got it as a result of you not shutting up about how great it was.
    true dat

Has anyone else had this happen to them?????????
    ^^thank god i haven't felt this way

ya know this makes me think alot of a guy i know. me and all my friends ride for the fun of it. we have a good time and don't compete. this one dude we know is super competative and just cares about how he does compared to others. no one wants to ride with him cuz its no fun at all.

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    [QUOTE=PLURPIMPIN

me and all my friends ride for the fun of it. we have a good time and don't compete. this one dude we know is super competative and just cares about how he does compared to others. no one wants to ride with him cuz its no fun at all.[/QUOTE]

Competition can be good, because it forces you to take the next level. Being the newbie in our group, I make it a point to try different lines, to relax, let the tires roll, and not to panic at speed. Though I am the slowest, I feel that I am improving each time I run with them. It may not be a huge difference, but I know that I am going faster.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006

I know how you feel...

My buddy just bought an 07 Rockhopper in red knowing that I had the exact same bike. Kinda pisses me off, but hey, just remember, you were the one who had it first, making you the original (and probably the better rider of the two)

Glad to Be Alive
    u should be stoked your buddy trust your opinion about buying bikes that he copied you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Hello fellow bike riders

Whoa there supergrom...

If you wanted a bike that nobody else has, you shouldnt've bought an IronHorse. If that wasn't your original intention, then you're a tool for hating on your buddy for having the same bike. Can't live with it? Go get some new friends. Or better yet, GO RIDE YOUR BIKE and stop being so self-conscious.

rockin the mid-west
    Hello fellow bike riders

1st off plz dont use the word "gay" lets try and keep this a non name calling/bigotry free zone.

2nd. its life get over it who cares what your riding just be happy you have a bike. there are kids that would dream to just have a bike let alone just ride one. who cares he just got the same one as you, make it your own. re paint it.
    PUNK FOR LIFE
    freeride & Down hill for life
    Companies I support
    E-13
    Shimano
    Maxxis
    EBC
    Marzocchi
    SIXSIXONE
    Specialized
    Arrow Racing
    Truvativ
    W.O.R.B.A. supporter
    I.M.B.A. supporter

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by madtownfreerider
    its life get over it who cares what your riding just be happy you have a bike. there are kids that would dream to just have a bike let alone just ride one.
    QFT.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    or just out ride em

Member of The Yeti Tribe

happened to me

hey same thing happened to me except i had put $750 down on a haro extreme X7 and while i am working 7 or more hours a day to try and pay for the rest i had 3 of my buddys go out and there "dadies droped the cash in person and the guys didnt have to pay for a cent" . pissese me off but i still out ride them on my current rig the jamis dakar xc comp. my advice is to take them to something that is way over there heads and just bomb it and put him in his place that what i do. dont let it bug you now just ride

mtbr member
    shut up.

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    Only people who are not sure of their own sexual orientation use the word GAY as an insult! GROW UP

tuck-n-roll master
    b1tch slap him
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru Jones
    Yikes. We need to add about 10 years onto that age. Unless she's a smokin hottie, then maybe 5...

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Hello fellow bike riders

Does anyone else think this is gay???
    No, but what is, is you coming here and crying about it. Gawd you're getting all uppidy like he showed up to the dance wearing the same dress as you and knew it.

Do you have a vagina?
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

smartass
    I bet he showed up to the prom wearing the same dress that you were wearing too?

You should like totally steal his boyfreind.

SuperInstigator
    Quote Originally Posted by amish_matt
    I bet he showed up to the prom wearing the same dress that you were wearing too?

You should like totally steal his boyfreind.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the best one yet!

Tim
    I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then.

StraightOuttaCompton
    Ya most of you guys are right and he jus might take it back because he doesnt like the back shock because it is too soft. I told him to get a new coil so maybe he'll do that. I actually like having a person with the same bike that i ride with to compare adjustments and stuff. Ya and for all of you people who say that i was being a vag, thanks, cuz it brought me to realize that he must trust my word for the bike.

StraightOuttaCompton
    but dont ever say that to me again

Rb
    mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ya most of you guys are right and he jus might take it back because he doesnt like the back shock because it is too soft. I told him to get a new coil so maybe he'll do that. I actually like having a person with the same bike that i ride with to compare adjustments and stuff. Ya and for all of you people who say that i was being a vag, thanks, cuz it brought me to realize that he must trust my word for the bike.
    atta grom!

EastBaySteez
    My buddie bought a 06 7.3 a week after me. It doesnt bother me one bit.

Im just out to ride and have fun.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
    Can not believe this post is still active!
    "Don't give up, Never give up!"

mtbr member
    Ya and for all of you people who say that i was being a vag, thanks,
    no problem buddy

mtbr member
    when you say it's "gay", do you mean that he's your "life partner"?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Take it as a compliment.

mtbr member
    All it means is that it's a killer bike for the price. I bought it and then FIVE of my friends bought it! For $1100... that's like a gift!

odo
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    I think you have no life. No. Seriously, I do think that. Who gives a crap. Worry about something worthwhile other than "oh sh!t my friend has the same bike as me; I'm gonna go pop his tires and be super immature."

Are you one of those people who has nothing else to worry about so you find things that make no sense to b!tch about?

Oh, and only uber immature 13 year olds use "gay" as an insult...

EDIT: 2nd version response: Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That must be so stressful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everything turns out for the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, this guy came into the shop today, and he was all stressed out over his sister in law having a miscarriage and his father having untreatable cancer, but this is so much worse!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel your pain.

That's a very tragic occurrence.

Just ride your bike. Everything becomes so simple and clear when you're riding your bike.

Tim
    Nitwit, Oddment, Blubber, Tweak

I bicycle better than I walk

mtbr member
    most of my riding is with three other guys. I was the third of the group to get a transition(db, gran mal, br) and the 4 th is eyeing up the blindside. We are all happy as hell with are bikes.

Im a little worried about how the locals with treat us when the 3 transition owners hit up whistler in august...may look kinda fruity but i could care less really.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tibug
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the best one yet!

Tim
    he blatantly steals the joke from the post RIGHT before his... and HE gets the credit? WTF?
    "What would happen to the Weather Channel's ratings if people werent scared anymore?"

StraightOuttaCompton
    I meant as in ridiculous

Members who have read this thread: 0