Anyone fitted an MRP to a Demo 9?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Anyone fitted an MRP to a Demo 9?

I'm trying (emphasis on the trying) to fit an MRP System 2 world cup to my new Demo and I'm not having much success. I just checked MRP's website and they mention needing a spacer for the 128 mm BB (Truvativ gigapipe as supplied with the frame). Does that go behind the backplate or does it replace the spacing pin's (which seem to be too long anyway)?

I'm deeply confused, it was so much easier to fit a system 1 to a 223

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm dying to get this thing finished!

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004

Well...

it seem that you need to use the ISCG mount and place a 4mm spacer between the backplate and the ISCG mount on the frame to space out the guide. The MRP site clearly states the ISCG tabs need to be used. Not sure if you are, but from your description it doesn't soundlike your using the ISCG. Other than that not sure how to fit it.

EDIT: Also if you look at the Spec. site it states their using the ISCG tabs for mounting the guide as well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    it seem that you need to use the ISCG mount and place a 4mm spacer between the backplate and the ISCG mount on the frame to space out the guide. The MRP site clearly states the ISCG tabs need to be used. Not sure if you are, but from your description it doesn't soundlike your using the ISCG. Other than that not sure how to fit it.

EDIT: Also if you look at the Spec. site it states their using the ISCG tabs for mounting the guide as well.
    Sorry, meant to say I was using the ISCG mounts.

mtbr member
    I'm running the world cup 2 ISCG on my Demo. I didn't use any spacers behind the backplate or BB, but I'm also running Saint cranks. Space out the backplate, 4mm sounds right. You'll probably still have to grind down the upper pin for the inner plate.
    ...he said "young man pay heed, you listen well to what i say, now there comes a time for a man to walk away"

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lastminutebastrd
    I'm running the world cup 2 ISCG on my Demo. I didn't use any spacers behind the backplate or BB, but I'm also running Saint cranks. Space out the backplate, 4mm sounds right. You'll probably still have to grind down the upper pin for the inner plate.
    Thanks guys kinda what I figured. Guess I'll get in touch with the LBS tomorrow about that spacer.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004

Try..

you could try going to the local hardware store and getting some washers to use. Might save money, will definitely save some time. Most guide systems use washers for spacing so you shouldn't have a prob.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    you could try going to the local hardware store and getting some washers to use. Might save money, will definitely save some time. Most guide systems use washers for spacing so you shouldn't have a prob.
    Thats a good point. I'll try the LBS first and depending on time will try hardware stores. It'll be the weekend now before I can get to one since I work in the middle of nowhere basically.

I'll have to take a pic when it's finally done. I'm quite pleased with it.