Anyone ever order from Competitive Cyclist?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Anyone ever order from Competitive Cyclist?

I purchased what I thought was the Truvativ Holzfeller OCT 1.1, but what I received this evening from UPS doesn't appear to be it:

I'm a little bit pissed off right now because they have it advertised as the OCT https://www.competitivecyclist.com/z...522&MODE=&TFC=, my confirmation e-mail says I ordered them, the invoice I got says I was billed for the OCT, and I was counting on them being here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SRAM's website https://www.sram.com/en/truvativ/fre...sets/index.php and every pre-production pic I've seen has the OCT's looking different than what I got. If anyone has ordered from Competitive Cyclist before I'd like to know how your experience was. I had never heard of them and only ordered from them because they turned up on a Google search as the only retailer in the States that had the OCT's in stock. I hope this was just an honest mistake and that they're not trying to deceive or rip people off. I plan on contacting them tomorrow to clear this up.

As an ancillary question, does anyone have the OCT's or know if they are actually available anywhere else? And why no 165mm? My alternative choice is the Saints, but I can't find them in the 83mm BB/165mm length/38t size either.

Thank you for your time...

moaaar shimz
    I've heard their service is SUPERB!!!! Just give them a call, you'll see everything works out

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travis138
    If anyone has ordered from Competitive Cyclist before I'd like to know how your experience was.
    I ordered some small parts from them before, e.g. Ventana Chris King +4mm crown race. Seems that nobody else (on the web) carried these in their online shop. Service was top notch.. I may buy my next Intense from these guys. Give them a call and I'm certain they'll sort things out for you.

mtbr member
    I've ordered thousands of dollars from them. Returned items that I have used for a short time with no issues. They are top notch when it comes to customer service, Trust me, they will take care of it.
    "BONES HEAL, CHICKS DIG SCARS, PAIN GOES AWAY"
    07 SX TRAIL III
    07 DEMO 8

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    I've heard their service is SUPERB!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sus13
    Service was top notch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketmanmtb1
    They are top notch when it comes to customer service, Trust me, they will take care of it.
    I couldn't agree with you more. They sent me an email before I even had a chance to contact them. And at an hour before most people are even awake.

Subject:OCT crankset
    Date:Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:11:54 AM

Travis, hey man I was strolling through MTBR and found your post about the wrong cranks being shipped. We dug into the remaining stock we had and it appears that we received “older’ stock from the distributor, and the OCT are not currently available, our purchaser accidentally ordered the wrong item. I apologize for the mishap, and if you would like to return the cranks we would be more than happy to honor a refund or we can ship the new cranks to you when they become available. The new cranks are supposed to be roughly 75 grams lighter than the version you received. On the other hand if you would like to keep the cranks you received we could offer you a discount on the price of the ones you received. I just spoke w/ SRAM a minute ago and it looks like the cranks are in transit from overseas as I’m typing this. If coming by boat it could take about 2 weeks. If you would like I can call you when they arrive. Let me know what you want to do and we will accommodate you in any way that we can.

Ride On-

E2

888-276-5686

That's pretty damn impressive and it speaks to their awesome customer service and/or the power of MTBR. And let this be an example of how one little mishap can lead to a loyal customer down the road. There are some duplicious online retailers out there, but I'll have to say Competitive Cyclist seems to be one of the good guys.
    Last edited by coma13; 03-15-2007 at 04:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    From personal experience, I can say that the Competitive Cyclist team is top notch.

moaaar shimz
    Yep I told ya, those guys are da shiznitz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Yep I told ya, those guys are da shiznitz
    they're the T-nuts, W-Balls. a 10 10 10, they are guys with a passion for bikes, and that is an understatement!

mtbr member
    Totally, Eric's awesome.

Truly passionate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    wizzler is a must. although then it consumes all your waking and sleeping thoughts until you can return.

You Are What You Is
    Good customer service goes A LONG WAY in my book. Good on ya, Competitive Cyclist!

Members who have read this thread: 0