Anyone been here?- Mtbr.com
    banned

Anyone been here?

United Bicycle Institute, bicycle mechanics school.

Looks awsome. Im pretty set on going.I have a brochure in the mail requested already. I heard that Ashland has some awesome riding and a LBS employee went there and said it was great.

And you only have to be 16

www.bikeschool.com

StraightOuttaCompton
    look sick. i may want to look into that.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Brackish
    One of my buddies went, loved it and had a great time. Then, he found out there's no money in being a bike mechanic and went back to working as a messenger during the day and a bouncer during the night to pay his mortgage and support his wife and kid. Short story? Ride for fun, go to college and get a truly marketable skill.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tod Says What?!
    United Bicycle Institute, bicycle mechanics school.

Looks awsome. Im pretty set on going.I have a brochure in the mail requested already. I heard that Ashland has some awesome riding and a LBS employee went there and said it was great.

And you only have to be 16

www.bikeschool.com

Go for fun, but to make it a career is a bad idea. Unless of course you have a sugar momma.

I've been wrenching for 10 years and am making less then I did as in intern in College.
    Disclaimer: I fix bikes for a living.

mtbr member
    if your in ashland - hook me up - i live there all summer and ride the mountain everyday - so much fun - if you know what your doing and what trails to take

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Meh, I'm not being paid much to wrench right now. However our service manager at the shop decided to be a mechanic because he'd make more money than at an entry level job with his degree, so if you find the right shop owner and can make a service department profitable then there might be some money in it.

mtbr member
    Agree with Streetlightpoet. The owner of my shop and his service managers have taken the course. They did it to be more knowledgeable about the very technical. They're all on salary. They're also sent to be trained in other areas, selling cycling, trade shows, business management, customer service, finance, etc. One manager has been in the industry for over 20yrs. He knows the industry very well. From vintage bikes to modern mechanics. The wealth of knowledge is not replaceable.
    Bikeless Rider

Members who have read this thread: 0